Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Think I may have decided on my first rifle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I may have decided on my first rifle...

I intend to use my rifle both in CQB and woodland environments. Initially I was looking at an RIS AK74 but after doing some reading the shear length of it could be unhelpful in CQB. I couldnt find a AK74m. I want rails so I can mount flashlights, a foregrip etc for CQB BUT it must be of use outdoors. I've used G36C's and my mate let me have a go on his M4 (I think it was a G&G one too, not sure). I love the SA80 but cannot justify £300 for one! My budget is about £200 plus accessories. I've got a charger already so will need batteries, mags etc.

So, I;ve been doing some looking around and seen a lot of good reviews for G&G products. So I think I'm going to go ahead with this one:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5774

So, opinions? There are plenty of good reviews...

Or alternatives? I'd play with almost any gun if it's reliable, accurate and easy to repair if needed.

It has everything I can think of that I need:

RIS rails, semi collapsible stock, Not TOO long. Seems to fire at about 340 out the box (Might need tuning down a notch as my CQB sites limit is 328, 340 MAX on variance...)

All this for £135? This is handy as it leaves me with cash to but stuff haha.

I was looking at the CM15 Raider but it's shorter barrel I think makes it more CQB orientated rather than an all rounder. And it costs more.

Thanks for any input guys!
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Re: Think I may have decided on my first rifle...

remember chap longer barrels dont mean much in airsoft a smaller barrel wont look too out of place outdoors and are perfect indoors. i have the option of both on my gun and tend to favour the shorter barrel as its just fine all round. As for g&g ive not heard much bad press for them so shouldn't be an issue there im sure there brilliant for the money, dont chuck it around though as the majority of the gun is plastic

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
      remember chap longer barrels dont mean much in airsoft a smaller barrel
      Also I think the longer barrel looks cooler :D

So simililar rifle here with a blowback

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5775

I'd like to go metal if possible, any guns you know of that can be gotten for about £200ish?
      Upcoming Games:
      None

Comment

ah fair enough man if its looks ya want then go for it and 200 quid for a metal gun huh? hmm a hotly debated topic on here i think the answers usually second hand g&p for the best your gonna get for 200 although that leaves no money for extra's =/ few months down the line however you could stick a metal body on the g&g

Comment

I've got money for extras £200 + accessories basically i have about an extra 70 quid to spare lol. I might go plastic and upgrade to metal later.
          Upcoming Games:
          None

Comment

From personal experience I can provide some wisdom here mate. One qualification is that I haven't yet used that specific model which you have linked to.

However, from using and seeing tonnes of the G&G plastic combat machine range I can tell that you needn't worry about throwing it about a bit (within reason of course) as BALBOSA has suggested.

It is likely that, although it will indeed be slightly warmer than 1J (328fps), it won't be firing any higher than 340fps. I have found them to be a good 5fps below 340 throughout their similar models. Please note that other observers of the new G&G combat machine range have found significantly higher stock FPS' than 340. Like I say, not me personally but some supposedly have. The best thing is to try it and see. If you get lucky and its 335 or so then leave it. If not then go ahead and get it down graded - simples.

As for you choice of rifle, I could think of no better choice, given your set of circumstances mate. It's definetly an all rounder and as you have already noted almost all reviews of the CM16 Raider-L are overwhelmingly positive and the owners seem altogether satisfied.

P.s. I perform free GBX work, if you ever need my services just give me a shout.

Comment

Free Gearbox work? Seriously? I'll keep that in mind

Its between the two i posted i think. When i get chance I think I'll go down to ZO and handle them
              Upcoming Games:
              None

Comment

If this is your first gun, why not get something second hand? THink of a car, not everyone goes out and buys brand new when they are a learner driver (not saying you are a learner airsofter though ). I just made payment on here for a full metal ICS M16 for £180 quid, bargin considering its been used a handfull of times and is 6 months old and £360 new! Scan through the classified section mate and pick up a bargin. You could get something that comes with batteries and other bits and bobs in one go.

Comment

My basic advice is that all AEG's are basicly the same, just a different outer casing. So find one that you like the look off and buy it.

From what I've read, and heard from my local field the G&G Combat machines are pretty decent AEG's so both of those that you posted are good.

Comment

Originally posted by happyal View Post
                    My basic advice is that all AEG's are basicly the same, just a different outer casing. So find one that you like the look off and buy it.

From what I've read, and heard from my local field the G&G Combat machines are pretty decent AEG's so both of those that you posted are good.
                    Im not sure I would agree with that. I doubt many Systema owners would agree their rifle is basicly the same as a £120 JG M4

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                      Im not sure I would agree with that. I doubt many Systema owners would agree their rifle is basicly the same as a £120 JG M4
                      yes but the same systema owners would forever be reminding you its not an aeg, its a ptw!
                      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                        yes but the same systema owners would forever be reminding you its not an aeg, its a ptw!
                        Yeah i suppose, you can probably tell I am not a systema owner. You know what I mean though, a cheapsoft aeg is not the same as a top brand, let say Tokyo Marui Recoil (like the one in your signiture ) this time then. Even down to a small gearbox part like the motor pinion, if its made on the cheap and starts to shread, you could be in for a big bill to repair.

Comment

just buy the one you would most like to be holding in a picture of you holding a gun.. that's the one you will end up getting anyway so save some time and £ and get that one first

most aegs can be tweaked to perform as well as any other brand. if you get an awesome 100% totally reliable aeg out of the box then lucky you, if not then you'll have fun (and learn sheeet) 'tweaking' it to your personal requirements.

Comment

indeed get what you like .The sa80 would be better for CQB than the AR first you were looking at unless you go for the shorter variants

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                              Yeah i suppose, you can probably tell I am not a systema owner. You know what I mean though, a cheapsoft aeg is not the same as a top brand, let say Tokyo Marui Recoil (like the one in your signiture ) this time then. Even down to a small gearbox part like the motor pinion, if its made on the cheap and starts to shread, you could be in for a big bill to repair.
                              The only AEG which is different is the TM Recoil system, every other AEG basicly does the same job with different shell, and yes I include Systema's in that. They might have different parts inside, they might be made from better metals, but they do the same basic job. It's up to the end user if the extra cost is worth it.

The TM recoil system is different because it gives you some felt recoil, but the basic's are still the same as a normal AEG. You need to try one before you can decide if the extra cost is worth it for you.

If you are just starting out then the G&G's you have already found will be fine, but I would say that the G&G recoil system is not worth the extra over their non recoil gun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mickydoos Find out more about Mickydoos
                              Working...
                              X