Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving one in the chamber?

Hey there

I have a question about my WE 1911 but I guess it applies to most GBB pistols.

The mags are all quoted as x+1, which in real steel terms I would take to mean you can leave a round chambered, for example the real steel M1911 is 7+1, 7 in the mag +1 chambered round.

So, can I leave a BB chambered whilst I change out the mag?

I don't think I can as it'd just fall out as nothing is holding it in place, i.e. the jaws on the mag, but I'd like some clarification from more experienced people.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Leaving one in the chamber?

HI, yes you can leave one bb in the chamber, it will be held in place with the air nozzle assembly, much like the real thing. You can change a mag also whilst one bb is still in the chamber.

However in the real steal the gun can be fired with a round in the chamber and no magazine, this is not the case in airsoft as the propellant is stored in the magazine.

~Hope this helps.

Comment

Ah I see. The BB is held in by the nozzle.

Been scratching my head over this just couldn't see how a BB was going to be held in place, and so I usually just count 15 rounds then change the mag, usually locks the slide back as it should anyway, so I know either way.

Thanks.

Comment

yeah, i generally keep fireing until the magazine is empty, however if i know that i have about 5 bbs left in the mag i change it.

Regards

One thing i would recomend is a pistol lanyard. I lost my first gas pistol within 3weeks from my fobus retention holster. (Luckily it was only a cheap KJW however if i lost my KSC USP.45 S7 i would be p****d off.

They are very cheap at the bay of e

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger11 View Post
          yeah, i generally keep fireing until the magazine is empty, however if i know that i have about 5 bbs left in the mag i change it.

Regards

One thing i would recomend is a pistol lanyard. I lost my first gas pistol within 3weeks from my fobus retention holster. (Luckily it was only a cheap KJW however if i lost my KSC USP.45 S7 i would be p****d off.

They are very cheap at the bay of e

Thanks for the tip. Sadly I can't use a lanyard as I've swapped the original mainspring housing on my WE M1911 for an aftermarket one with a magwell, and in the process I somehow managed to pull the lanyard ring completely off the original MSH (it's broken). Doh!

I plan on getting a BlackHawk Serpa holster though. Hopefully that'll do the job.

Comment

Yeah, i only dont use them as i can never get the draw right. My fobus is great, dont get me wrong but i just dont want to take the chance with my S7.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raven Morpheus Find out more about Raven Morpheus
            Working...
            X