Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy - Hello!

Hai guys

I've been into airsoft for a while, but never got round to getting UKARA and then my own gun. Must have been like 10 times now lol :/ I've joined our Uni airsoft society, and want to do this more often.

Been playing at my local site at Coventry now, and should be eligible for UKARA by next week. So i may need some advice on gear, as im wanting to get into this a bit more.

I've been looking at getting some kind of G36, as i like the gun, and it seems a good place to start off at. I've used them as rentals and found them pretty good. Thinking of getting the K version, as i play a bit of woodland, and some CQB so the standard G36 is far too big. Im not too sure on make however. Been told TM are great quality etc and the ones to buy, but i can't find anywhere that stock the C version, and the K is far too expensive (£400 roughly). Then i found the Umarex (ARES) G36 series which seem reasonably priced and i've heard good things.

Then the V version caught my eye.
    Has anyone heard or had any experience with these? Apparently their a bit to hot out the box, but im sure that can be changed.
    Looking for a nice gun, not lacking much but will last a few years.

Also planning on getting a M9, maybe a KWA PTP version. Thoughts?

Tariq
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Re: New Guy - Hello!

welcome to the forum, the kwa ptp is an awsome gun.....i highly recommend it.....as for the g36, have you considered Classic Army? check out their reviews...also someones selling a k version on this forum for a good price, and SRC version 3 are very good for the price aparantly
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Hey dude, we are just starting up an Airsoft society @ Lancaster University. We will have to organize a university tournament over summer!

Comment

Not really too interested in SRC, and CA are just a maybe.
        Im looking really at the higher end of the market. I would possibly get the TM G36K, but £400 + cost to upgrade, i could possibly get something simmilar cheaper.
        I really like the look of the ARES series, had a look in a local shop. Really liked it, apart from their pricing :/

How are CA for internals and externals? I want a good quality gun, but i also want it to feel and look good.

Apart from being a ARES vs CA choice, The rail on the bottom of the K versions look different to the top rail. Do they still have the same mounting system?

@Bradley We're possibly entering this http://www.suspensionofdisbelief.co....man-tournament
        Its the University 8 man tourament.

If zero one don't stock a gun, will they be able to order one for me or will i have to go elsewhere.
        Also do they do tune ups etc to get to just under 350fps

Comment

Nice one dude, I have just posted it on our teams FB page so I'm sure there will be lots of interest for this! Nice find

Comment

so you intend on buying a gun then upgrading it.......how many reviews have you seen for src and ca? are you saying Tm because there are a group of people here who seem to talk about it more than other makes, or you have researched it thoroughly and made your own conclusions...you mentioned high end,but you are reluctant to spend the money, you also mention something similar but cheaper.....SRC gen III make very good G36....TM have a good reputation, and is a good all rounder...CA imo out of the three have the best externals for a G36,theres nothin wrong with their internals either...Zeroone will get you anything within reason if you ask them
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I have read a fair few reviews before.

The TM seem good, just don't really seem worth the extra dough as a first gun.
              ARES have a bit of a bad history with reliability, but newer ones seem OK
              Just looked at CA and they seem a bit better than ARES in terms of user reviews.

Im not reluctant to spend money. I'll buy anything if i want to, but this is my first gun, and there's no real reason to pour money into something, when there are cheaper alternatives that possibly do just as well.

Im planning on getting the K, but im looking into buying a G36C top rail to swap for when im playing Urban / CQB style matches. Dunno where i can find one so hopefully Z1 can help.
              Also...
              Im guessing i would need a 3 point sling for the G36?
              And what bi pods are available, and would they clip straight onto a bottom rail?

Cheers
              Tariq

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tariq182 Your local Gamer, Airsofter, Biker and Bassist! Engineer. Find out more about Tariq182
              Working...
              X