Overpressure valves in TM mags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overpressure valves in TM mags.

Okay, so I'm having a wee bit of trouble with my TM MEU mags. I'm filling them with green but after a while there is no gas in them. This is most annoying when skirmishing, my slide locks back, I slap in another mag and release only to hear the 'dead man's click' when I pull the trigger.
    My question is: do these mags actually have overpressure valves, and if they do, how do I get rid of them?

Re: Overpressure valves in TM mags.

By the way, it only seems to vent fully on hot days. On colder days there is usually enough gas for one shot or so.

Comment

use ultra gas?
      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Haven't been able to find any, and believe me, I've looked.

Comment

I've had a problem with new TM mags where the seals were a bit dry and needed a damn good siliconing to. Best mags I've found for out of the box working are Bell 1911 mags. They work with TM are cheaper, hold gas better and effectively come with a hi-flow fitted as they're designed to cycle a cheapsoft full metal pistol.
          Originally posted by tackle
          For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Shipping to South Africa is a bit expensive for my tastes

Comment

Hunter, these are not new mags, and I have siliconed them to death. I may just have to get some of those Bell ones, but I would like to see if I can get my TM ones working properly first.
              Sorry for double post, mods please merge if you see fit.

Comment

You may get some joy from taking the seals out, vaselineing them and then rebuilding, other than that mate the only TM mags I'm aware of that had an overpressure Vv fitted were the MK23 ones as they were/are theoretically capable of breaching the Japanese firearms laws on a warm day with green gas.

The Bell mags are usually availiable through the hong kong cheapsoft sites. Only other thing I can think of for you to do is gas the mag, put it underwater and look at where the bubbles come from......
                For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Done the underwater bit without any bubbles :/
                  Looks like Bell mags for me.

Comment

That's a touch odd. As I said might be worth pulling the mags apart and vaselineing the seals, I can't look at mine right now to suggest an answer as they're approx 500 miles from where I'm sat.

When you got the dead mans click did you try and see if there was any gas left in the mag? Occasionally I've had the mags warm up enough that the gas pressure is too great for the hammer spring to overcome. Initially dead mans clicks but if you press the valve in then the mag vents as normal if thats the case then it's just a matter of getting a matched uprated hammer and recoil spring set or possibly dropping a bb into the base of the spring housing before putting the spring back in. (That may adversely effect the life of your gun)

TBH my experience with TM mags has turned me towards Bell.

Comment

Okay, I've vaselined the seals on one and gassed it up. Will leave that one overnight and see how it is in the morning.
                      Got one more in case of any more suggestions

Comment

If you really suspect the seals you could always PTFE tape the threads as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
                          If you really suspect the seals you could always PTFE tape the threads as well.
                          I do this as a matter of course to all my mags and it seems to be something that, at the very least, won't do you any harm and may well keep things going for a lot longer.

One thing though, I wouldn't put vaseline anywhere near a rubber o-ring as petroleum jelly damages rubber.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh bugger, at least I have a few spare O-rings handy. Will have to get some PTFE tape and give that a try.

Comment

That's odd cos we use it at work for o'seals etc on hydraulic and HP air systems.......
                              Anyhow not wanting to get onto a flame war I've had no probs with using vaseline to keep o seals on my gbb's lubricated and unperished.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

amandla36 Find out more about amandla36
                              Working...
                              X