Radios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radios?

Im getting really annoyed about losing my airsofting "Buddies" xD whilst playing. i only usually catch up with them in the last 30 mins when we have the big attack. It gets annoying as we plan tactics before the game and never get to use them which sucks. we found some old walkie talkies but the range is TRAGIC and signal isnt clear. I can get decent headsets but its just the actual radio. I cant find any on zeroone and ive looked elsewere and found a few. What range would be perfect for Ground zero woodland would you say and do you have any radios that you would advise me to get. Not to expensive. Around 80 or 90 tops. Thanks xD
    sigpic

Re: Radios?

I use motorola xtr446 and its a great little radio, can be got off e-bay in pairs for around £50-£70
    That way you can half the cost with a friend

Comment

the type of radios commonly used for airsofting are PMR 446, depending on make and model etc you can expect 0.5-1 km range in dense woodland. an internet search for 'pmr446 radios' will give you some options. motorola offer many models in your price range and will be compatible with lots of different headsets

there are other more powerful types of handheld radios but they require licences etc

Comment

If you want to get decent ones check out Cobra MT series PMR radios, the MT600,800 and 975's are pretty good for the money or get some motorola's..

Comment

Cobras are great value for money, but very restricted on headset compatibility in my experience.

You're better off spending a bit more. Motorola XTR are good value - a budget version of the XTN. You should find headsets easily available for both.

Comment

I have got a couple of the Cobras, the 975,s and they were very good value. Do intend to get a Motorola also as the main one. I have ran into the problem above though, headsets... Any suggestions?
            Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
            Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

I have a quad set of Binatone TERRAIN 750's. They are fantastic, very clear quality,and at GZW the range is very good, i have contacted the HQ (Stag Camp) from (The Nest) before with no problems.

As for headset ability, they take tonnes of stuff. It is the standard single pin connection. Currently i am using a earpeice that you see the police wear (The clear tube for the ear) if you understand me.

Best of all i picked all four up for £40 on the bay a while back.

Comment

I'll second those Binatones - you can get a pack of four for about the price you are looking at spending from everyone's favourite high-street catalogue based company that begins with the first letter of the alphabet.

Put it this way - my buddies and I managed to get signals across about half the site away from each other UNDERGROUND at Drakelow Tunnels the other day, so I'd say they are good.
                Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Can't fault the binatones as well. Would go with them as they do the business at GZW no dramas. Headsets are personal choice, you may have to get a 2 pin adaptor for most of the headsets. I prefer a throat mic myself and again these can be picked up for less than £30 and they are pretty good, heavy duty ones too
                  sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

My squad uses Icom radios, they are professional radios and have a good fair amount of range on them.You can grab a second one for like £60 but my advice from someone who uses and repairs them for a living is that if you want a good and professional radio, get one without any LCD screen. But at the end its up to your budget.
                    Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Originally posted by dj2l8b View Post
                      My squad uses Icom radios, they are professional radios and have a good fair amount of range on them.You can grab a second one for like £60 but my advice from someone who uses and repairs them for a living is that if you want a good and professional radio, get one without any LCD screen. But at the end its up to your budget.
                      I have an Icom PMR446 radio - biggest issue I have with it is it takes 3 batteries, not 4 or 2. Grr.
                      However, being Icom, any headset, etc. made for Amateur Radio Icom sets works. PLUS, the separate headphone output is the standard 3.5mm one, not the 2.5mm as on the Kenwood setup.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                        I have an Icom PMR446 radio - biggest issue I have with it is it takes 3 batteries, not 4 or 2. Grr.
                        However, being Icom, any headset, etc. made for Amateur Radio Icom sets works. PLUS, the separate headphone output is the standard 3.5mm one, not the 2.5mm as on the Kenwood setup.
                        Why don't you get the charger and a rechargeable battery?
                        Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Monster Airsofter Hi, Im Jed and Airsoft is a big part of my life, Everywere you look in my home you will find items to show it. Gun hanging on my wall, BBs spread all over the house and bits of dpm here there and everywhere. I'd prefer mil sim but any airsoft is good airsoft, ive only tried Ground Zero and Challenge leisure but will try others like Tier 1, The Sandpit, Ambush and Combat South. Find out more about Monster Airsofter
                        Working...
                        X