Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic systema questions.

Hay guys.

Right. I'm getting a Systema within the next few months, just looking for a little info from those that own them.

I'M NOT INTERESTED IN WHETHER YOU LIKE THEM OR NOT. Please don't turn this into a flame war. I'm just looking for information.

The gun i'm interested in getting is an M4 CQBR with an M90 cylinder.

First off:

*What fps am i looking at getting with an M90 cylinder?
    I've heard people say systema's are incredibly consistent yet when i look online, M90's seem to vary from 320-360fps depending on the reviews/sites selling them.

*Can i use an 11.1 Lipo in the gun fresh out the box?

*What battery connector does the gun use? I.E mini-tamiya? deans? ect
    just so i know what battery's to buy in advance.

*is it possible to use stock-tube batterys? i mean how much space does the stock tube have? and if you yourself use stock-tube battery's what diamentions do you use?

*do any airsoft parts first the systema?
    for example AEG RIS systems or GBB RIS systems? i know the bodies and barrels are pretty specific but just wanted to check on everything else.

*does anyone have any reviews for any of the other manufacturers of systema magazines? for example JG do a line of systema mags. and i cant find a review anywhere.

if anyone knows the answer to any of the above please keep me posted. i'd love to hear how you run your systema's what its decked out with parts wise.
    i'm stepping into systema's for my first time and to afford one all my other guns much go so its a big step to take.

also could anyone tell me what the stock range is compared to say a marui? if that at all makes sense.

cheers everyone.
    - chris

Re: Basic systema questions.

Hi Chris,

I too have been looking at buying a systema, and in my research I might be able to help with one or two of your questions.

I believe that the M90 will get 320 fps out of the box,, the reason why people get higher fps is that they put shims into them to get to their site limit.
    I believe that you need to do a mod to use lipo's, newest systema's might be different.
    Also I believe that the hopup unit needs to have a mod done, but again this might be different on the newest model.

Sorry can't help with other questions, I'm sure someone can.

Comment

1 the m90 comes out at about 330
      2 yes you can use a lipo out of the box they'll take a 11.1v no problem
      3 the gun comes with a large tamiya type as standard but most people either use deans or the mirco deans
      4 you can't use a stock tube lipo unless it's had a shortened board installed in the stock tube
      5 some pts parts fit such as ranger plates and moe front ends, but stocks don't can take aeg pistol grips but they're going to be pretty wide considering the size of the ptw motor is a lot smaller than a regular aeg. some ris systems need a bit of machining such as the madbull ris on one of mine
      bodies only get prime bodies everything else fits horribly imo others will say otherwise but the prime reciever i've seen fits like a glove on them but they are price, stay away form the dytac mur uppers they are inconsistent they fit some ptws and fit horribly on others
      6 mags i've only ever used vanaras and systema mags the systema mags are by far the best i've had
      7 also with regards to the range, out of the box my ptw with the 550fps cylinder was getting a decent range alot more than standard aeg's but i didn't have a marui at that time to compare it to i'd do the hop mods it improves the range greatly also the hop is a bit annoying since you have to remove the mag to adjust it, but as soon as the new super hop that tacks making it'll be alot easier to adjust (through the ejection port)

Comment

Who does the mods?
        are they easy to do?
        and what price?
        thanks
        - Chris

Comment

you need to get yourself onto the systema forum buddy.speak to tackelberry.he is the systema legend.just got my cqbr09max back from him.my m90 was runnin at 319 every shot.now 350 after a service.a full service.hop mod.cylinder service.motor rewind.waterproffin.was bout 120 i think.mini ecu(lipo mod) was around 100ish. As to wat i run as you asked.cqbr with all mods.pdi barrel.real kac ris.rs moe grip.rs voltor stock.rs sf961 rs eotech 552 rs insight an/peq-2a. And hav 7 rs tac made pmags......its my second ptw as had a m16.it is by far nicest gun ive ever used.outranges most aegs easy.

Comment

Agreed, get on the systema ptw forums dude, all the info your ever need and want is on there.
            sigpic

Comment

yup ill third that, tacks been about a long time now and with out infriging to much on forum rules he sells the guns pre modded with mods and the cost of the gun is alot less than buying elsewhere then having to ship to him for the mods..

Plan and simple they are the ultimate example of you get what you pay for theres simply no avoiding the fact that a brand new one will set you back the cost of a car but if your going to do it get it all done and decent geniune ptw mags at the same time, for me any way the feeling of them is hands down the finest m4 youll handle. And ive used them quite a bit now as nearly half the team have one or has had one at somepoint..

You can try and grab a bargain somewhere but they are few and far between and usually an older model. So get on the forums read some threads but honestly from Tack it will come ready done and its usually with an battery too which will be 11.1v or 12v they dont work on anything less for that epic trigger response.

I known quite a few to break almost straight out of the box its pretty common for the gears to go but just part and parcel with the ptw package, i think most ptw owners are quite used to having chats with tack direct for repairs.

Comment

agree with the price of a car lol and not a cheap car either but ive thought its time to bit the bullet and sell everything to pay for one except 1 systema aeg and my vsr.was it worth it?? YES simple. You can get a bargain sometimes but even 2nd hand expect to pay over 1000 with mods and few mags etc

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                X