Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H nubs and rubbers question

Hi There,

I'm a tad confused about hte h nub and rubber combos, i have a tm rubber on my l86 (ics) in the rubber it has a "bump" already, do all rubbers have this? and if so how does the h nub benefit if theres already a hump in the rubber ???

2nd question would be, what rubber would go best with the h nub the l86 seems to be shooting to the left quite a lot so the current rubber is not central (at least thats my guess) now changing the rubber isnt a big issue but i've only ever ordered the standard tm ones, but after reading that the h nub improves the accuract i wouldnt mind giving it a go

Please enlighten me :D

Re: H nubs and rubbers question

All standard AEG rubbers have a "bump" it's moulded into the rubber.

There is no exact science to hop rubbers, though I have had good results with Falcon hop rubbers (a clone of the Firefly I am told) these have a double point "bump" built into them. Though I have noticed you get inconsistent results when switching from semi and auto. Might be the rubber breaking in, but I have had other people tell me double point rubbers and rubbers using a H nub have the same issue. The setting for semi and auto is different so you need to adjust the hop dial a lot or live with it and try to stay on semi or auto.

The curve you are describing is probably just that the barrel needs rotating slightly in the hop chamber. Easy fix.

Comment

Ah cool,

So how does the h nub work if theres a bump in all the rubbers? or can you get ones that do not have this?

Comment

I would recommend firstly getting a decent gun...then learn how to shoot straight

Comment

id consider an ics l86 a good gun tbh.........

i like the gaurder clear rubbers personally.... never let me down in a gbb or an aeg!

Comment

hes just jealous :P

Comment

Originally posted by Diakatarnis View Post
              hes just jealous :P
              I am, very jealous, to think I nearly got that gun before you did! I think I dodged a BB!

Comment

I found that using an H-nub with a normal hop rubber better than with the hop rubbers with 2/3 contact points, also found that the softer hoprubbers 45-55 hard didnt like the H-nubs 60 and above,

Comment

Originally posted by Diakatarnis View Post
                  Ah cool,

So how does the h nub work if theres a bump in all the rubbers? or can you get ones that do not have this?
                  The bump if you look closely is more of a straight "bar" across the rubber. The H nub presses down on the bar of rubber and creates 2 distinctly lower points that come into contact with the bb. A standard nub basically just squashes down and creates the U shape if you look down the barrel from the hop end when you dial the hop on. With a H nub or a 2 point hop rubber you get a H or I-I effect rather than the U.

If a gun is semi only, the H nub or the 2 point hop rubber is the way to go.

I am still testing to see if a 2 point hop rubber or H nub is a good thing in a gun that is used on semi and full auto. So far it seems you need to adjust the hop dial every time you switch modes. Time will tell though, only put about 1k shots through my GnG Raider blowback.

Worth noting that so far the difference I am seeing in hop setting is only noticeable at extreme range. Probably the last 15 foot of usable range. IIRC when I set the hop using full auto bursts and then switched to semi, I got a bit of over hop and when set on semi, full auto seemed to be under hopping slightly. The gun is doing 20 rps on full auto. It could be that the hop rubber is deforming and not returning to shape quickly enough on full auto to have the same exact effect. It only takes a slight change to make a noticeable difference down range.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Diakatarnis Find out more about Diakatarnis
                  Working...
                  X