Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistols... im so confused.

Im looking for a decent side arm.
    I've had my eye on the KWA PTP guns... mainly the M9 and the P226 but for the love of god they are impossible to find parts for.
    So presuming i'll never find stock of these pistols... What do people suggest?

TM seem good, but not too keen on their M9s as theres no hop?
    Also is there a significant range between the weaker TMs and say the KWAs that are on Green Gas / propane?
    What are the popular guns that perform well, but have good reliability? Relativly new to airsoft so don't want to try and figure out how to strip down a gun while out playing XD

Prefer a M9 or 226 though. Not too overly keen on a .45, etc. 1911 maybe.
    Cheers

p.s. No i don't want this thread to turn into a "gun am bested" thread, i just want advice for what is out there.
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Re: Pistols... im so confused.

Pistols are pretty straight forward in my opinion. If you want performance, range, accuracy and spares then you buy any tm. Even the hop-less tm M9 still shoots better than many other pistol manufacturers.

If you want a pot metal body by anything you like, however don't expect it to shoot like a marui.

If you want the best full metal pistol... Buy a Marui and metal kit.

FPS means very little to the range of a pistol. Its always about the hop. Once again this is why everything TM tends to shoot better out of the box than the rest!!

Comment

I do like the metal stuff
      Used my mates KWA PTP M9 for a day and just loved the weight and feel. Since then i've wanted one XD

I'll have another look into TM. Got put off since their M9s didn't have adjustable hops.

What gas do TMs use? Is it now that Pro Gas stuff?

Is there a reason why all shops have stopped selling the KWA PTP stuff? From my experience they seem really good guns.
      Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

I would suggest getting to a local shop and testing the ones your keen on. I also liked metal many years ago until trying a TM but now I would not dream of using anything else.

If like me you use your pistol at every opportunity then its got to be reliable, consistent and accurate! Thats why TM pistols always win the "which am bestest" award.

I use guarder black gas in all of my tm's and have done for a few years with no bother.

Comment

get a tm 226 e2 a prime metal kits and enjoy the lovliness of the prime metal kit

Comment

The TM 226 is a fantastic gun. The KJW version is also very good, and is TM mag compatible, (so, I'm guessing maybe internally compatible).

I've just got a KWA G19, and the build quality feels fantastic.

Comment

I do wish people would stop instantly spouting TM TM TM when it comes to pistols, i have no doubt they are good and thats coming from owning a just a single TM pistol (PX4)
              But
              I now own a cheapo china PX4 and it is just as good as the TM version but with a more realistic metal slide, only time will tell if its as reliable, but in the time ive owned it its got just as good gas consumption at relativley the same temps and the thing that suprised me was that it is equal if not better than the TM on range.

Theres more to life than bloody Tokyo Marui!!!!
              But dont take my word for it

Comment

the asg/ kwa ns2 pistols are brilliant . 99per cent of the cooling down and venting problems which other pistols suffer from are solved with this system . tm are good if you want plastic but are very pricy if you put metal slide kits on and wear v quickly when you upgrade them to g gas or propane . if you want metal go for an ns2 system which will run g gas or propane with no mods or tm if u are gonna stay with lesser gasses .the standard fps on my asg m93r was 315 after chrono last sat on abby preator gas and 268 on my tm glock 26 advance . the m93 consistently outranges and uses less gas than the tm pistol. hope this helps you .ps kwa have a v good spares backup .pm me if u want to know where.....

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                  I do wish people would stop instantly spouting TM TM TM when it comes to pistols, i have no doubt they are good and thats coming from owning a just a single TM pistol (PX4)
                  But
                  I now own a cheapo china PX4 and it is just as good as the TM version but with a more realistic metal slide, only time will tell if its as reliable, but in the time ive owned it its got just as good gas consumption at relativley the same temps and the thing that suprised me was that it is equal if not better than the TM on range.

Theres more to life than bloody Tokyo Marui!!!!
                  But dont take my word for it
                  Tisane: I'm seriously considering a PX4 Storm and was about to source a TM one until your post! Would you really recommend giving those other brands a try over the TM? Or should I just get the damn TM and never look back?

Comment

My own personal opinion.

I couldnt justify the extra expense for the TM version.

Obviously i cant comment on its long term reliability, but mine is 2nd hand and i personaly have blasted 10-12 mags down it in quick sucsession with nothing but a little cooldown (to be expected when the whole thing is virtualy frozen) the TM however will undoubtably come with their unrivaled reliability.

Check out the review i put up a couple of days ago in the review section.

Comment

there is something other than tm and ksc western arms pistols are far better than either of them but good luck finding mags for them

Comment

If TM did metal framed guns......

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                          If TM did metal framed guns......
                          they'd be even more expensive than they are now

anyway, tm are great there is no denying that but there are other options out there, kwa are great as well and kjw are good and except tm parts so that's a plus
                          try and have ago with diferent brands and make up your own mind
                          Last edited by MilataryMupet; 9 December, 2011, 22:21. Reason: spelling
                          Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

[QUOTE=baddbaz;903122]tm are good if you want plastic but are very pricy if you put metal slide kits on and wear v quickly when you upgrade them to g gas or propane .QUOTE]

I've know stock tm's run years on green .My mate has a first edition tm gbb m9 he runs on green , it must have been going 15 odd years

Comment

Originally posted by MilataryMupet View Post
                              they'd be even more expensive than they are now
                              Ahhh but would people be prepared to pay the extra for TMs reliability with a factory fitted full metal kit?

Look how much people plough into putting aftermarket poorly fitting metal kits on TM P226s for example.

Id rather put that money into it like that from the factory.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tariq182 Your local Gamer, Airsofter, Biker and Bassist! Engineer. Find out more about Tariq182
                              Working...
                              X