Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tightbore questions

Hi guys

im looking to upgrade both my VFC SCAR-H and my nephews CA sportsline (metal body) M4

ive had a look around but im but confused as to which length to get for each? companies seem to sell different length 6.03 barrels

which would you guys recommend for the SCAR and the M4?

Re: Tightbore questions

The Scar will have a barrel length of 267mm and the M4 will have a barrel length of 363mm.
    I'm A Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins.

Comment

You'll need some special tools for this one

Just remove and measure what you have in there already. You only want to change length if you changing the externals, like changing the foregrip or adding silencer.

Comment

Simply get the barrel length that is designed for each gun. For example if its an m4a1 its likely to be 363mm.

If your not 100% on each barrel length either remove your existing one and measure it or google VFC Scar h inner barrel length.

Comment

yea looks like they are the lengths after a bit of research, looks like the M4 one is around the £50 mark for a 6.03 but cant seem to find one for the SCAR....think i might give Zero one a ring and see what they recommend and can source :/

doing the M4 should be quite easy as ive already stripped down and removed the barrel after a bit of a play and rebuilt it up again and seems to fire fine so ive not broke anything yet!! (a friend wrecked the charge handle spring so need a new one! )

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it saves making a new one.

I've heard that a M4 inner barrel (363mm) might fit a G36K. Can anyone confirm this?
            Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

A 363 WILL fit in the K variant but it will stick out into the flash hider a touch.

Dwarfy, I suggest you look into improving your hop up before you do anything to the barrel. The hop up has more of an effect, and a tighter barrel does not equal better accuracy.

Comment

what do you recommend in terms of the hopup mate?

both guns are standard...the M4 is 100% standard is its only about 2 weeks old from brand new, the SCAR I got from a mate and AFAIK is completly stock

Comment

I'd recommend either a firefly hop bucking or a systema hop bucking with the mound shaved off. Both with a flat nub. That's what I've had the best results with. Though it varies somewhat from gun to gun, there are a lot of good options out there bucking wise. If you install them properly you should a better accurate range and very possibly overall range compared to your stock hop. I like to 'seal' the hop bucking by wrapping a layer of teflon tape around the end (towards the front of the gun).

Also suggest you shim your hop arm and barrel no matter what, you can shim your hop arm by putting some glue on the side of the hop arm and placing it on a piece of aluminium foil/tin foil. Then remove the excess foil leaving a layer on the sides of the hop arm. For the barrel take a roll of teflon tape and wrap it around the barrel in a 'barbers poll' style. It will reduce movement & vibrations which in turn improves consistency and therefore accuracy.

You might also want to look into another hop chamber, I really like the Madbull Ultimate units due to the G36 style adjustment wheel, however the King Arms and Prometheus chambers are also very good, perhaps better. They all run about 40-50 bucks, fairly pricey but worth it if you have a plastic / two piece chamber. If you already have a metal chamber then that's probably fine for the most part.

Once you've done that you can look into barrel options, but I honestly believe it's fruitless to go upgrading your barrel before you've got a well tuned hop up as that's what's going to give you the most benefit.

I can link you to a very, very comprehensive & detailed guide on how to do it all if you want. It's very simple and won't take much of your time. If you avoid purchasing a new chamber it will be significantly cheaper than a barrel upgrade too.

Comment

If you could mate that would be great
                    Im still a noob in terms of upgrading guns and only actually took apart my first gun last week. I do now actually know what the barrel and hopup unit looks like now!

Ive always tended to just charge my batteries up and play...nothing else.

Ive always done everything myself though, Im a strong beleiver in taking things apart to see how they work. My dad tought me everything I know about engines and im very grateful for that, that includes engine upgrades and actual conversions so im sure If i can take an engine out, strip it down and rebuild it and put it back in I can upgrade the M4 and SCAR

Comment

Originally posted by Dwarfy View Post
                      If you could mate that would be great

Ive always done everything myself though, Im a strong beleiver in taking things apart to see how they work
                      Yup PM'ed ya. Obviously you'll see the notification but if anyone else is interested I'm happy to send it their way. Just not 100% sure about the linking rules here, been told of for it before so.

Anyway that's a better start than most, I also feel similarly. It's pretty simple really, as with anything it takes some time & practice, especially to become as skilled as some of the well known techs. But the basics are a walk in the park if you ask me, especially if your a technically minded individual as I believe you are.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dwarfy Find out more about Dwarfy
                      Working...
                      X