Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

WE Open Bolt Magazine Loading. (M16 Mags)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Open Bolt Magazine Loading. (M16 Mags)

Hello All,

As of today i have said goodbye to my faithful Version2 WE AWSS gas system and switched all my magazines over to open bolt. Only problem i have found is the new magazines are a pain in the ass to reload.

I have already destroyed two pistol mag style speed loaders trying to force bb's into the mag and have now resorted to pushing the bb's into the magazine one at a time. This is painfully slow and i need to find a way around this. So if anyone can offer their ways to reload these mags that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Andy.

Did you not get a tube type speedloader with it?

Comment

Re: WE Open Bolt Magazine Loading. (M16 Mags)

No buddy, i didn’t i still have my closed bolt one however it doesn’t work. Any idea if i can pick one up from somewhere?

Thanks.

Andy.

Comment

Im not sure if you can buy the open bolt ones separatley.

I do however have a couple sat taking up room in my spares box if they are any good to you.

Is the end of the closed bolt speed loader angled or flat?

Comment

I did the same as you, buddy, so I've not got the loading tube thing that comes with the guns. I've found that using a speed loader is absolutely fine but you need to get it in at the right angle. I think I normally clamp the end of the speed loader to the top of the magazine's feed lip (pointing vertically downwards) with my fingers (thumb on one side and first finger on the other). This means that you can keep it at the right place throughout loading and you don't get it jumping off the top of the mag whenever there's a bit of resistance.

It's a bit of a knack but have a play - there's definitely a way to do it (I actually find it easier to load these than my pistol mags!). It definitely takes more force than an AEG mag but not much more. Once you've got it you'll be good!

If I've not explained that well then I can make a video to show you it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
            Im not sure if you can buy the open bolt ones separatley.

I do however have a couple sat taking up room in my spares box if they are any good to you.

Is the end of the closed bolt speed loader angled or flat?
            Very kind of you to offer mate, however i am using the tool that came with my KJW M700, all i did for that was to extend the feed pipe with a old AEG barrel and it works perfectly.

Many Thanks.

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
              I did the same as you, buddy, so I've not got the loading tube thing that comes with the guns. I've found that using a speed loader is absolutely fine but you need to get it in at the right angle. I think I normally clamp the end of the speed loader to the top of the magazine's feed lip (pointing vertically downwards) with my fingers (thumb on one side and first finger on the other). This means that you can keep it at the right place throughout loading and you don't get it jumping off the top of the mag whenever there's a bit of resistance.

It's a bit of a knack but have a play - there's definitely a way to do it (I actually find it easier to load these than my pistol mags!). It definitely takes more force than an AEG mag but not much more. Once you've got it you'll be good!

If I've not explained that well then I can make a video to show you it :-)
              Thanks for the advice buddy. I have been loading my Closed Bolt mags for ages with the pistol mag style speedloaders so i think i have the method right, it is just these mags require more force and like i said i have already broken a few speedloaders by doing this. (Maybe i just have a cheap speed loader. )

Thanks for all your help guys. Most appreciated.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gunslinger11 Find out more about gunslinger11
              Working...
              X