How do aeps work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do aeps work?

Just wondering how aeps work and are they a worthy substitute for a GBB for example does a tm glock 18c compare to a tm glock 18c?
    Thanks
    CURRENTLY SELLING ALL AIRSOFT GEAR IN THE NEXT MONTH

Re: How do aeps work?

Just like an aeg basically. But slow and under powered!

Comment

1, Think AEG just smaller.

2, Depends.

3, No

Comment

magic

Comment

They work just like an aeg but they have 4 gears not 3.
          Also AEPS are better in winter (or colder weather) imo .
          But aeps for smile factor are shite compared to GBBs.

Comment

I thought they were powered by the souls of the many, MANY elves that are around this time of year?

Comment

Gypsy tears and hope, unfortunately there is a shortage of both in this economic climate so expect the aep not to work

Lol but seriously, works better than a GBB in the winter, but just not as fun, plus the uncertainty of if your gun is even going to work adds to the fun of a GBB haha.

Where am i?

Comment

They have decent range but because they are 220-230 fps they tend to not be felt beyond about 60 foot range.

Using the supplied batteries, they have poor trigger response, the Chinese copies are very bad for this, the batteries are terrible. You pull the trigger and you can go for a cup of tea before the gun fires.

TM 500milliamp batteries are ok though. Ideally you want a Lipo battery conversion done to the gun and fit an Eagle six spring. Then you have decent trigger response and about 280-300 fps. Then the gun is a match for most gas pistols but does not act up in the winter. They are not as much fun as a gas blowback gun though.

I have a TM USP and it is a great gun. However I don't use it as last time I used it, no one felt the hits from it. I will get around to a lipo upgrade and an Eagle Six spring and then give it another try.

Comment

Not as fun as a GBB, but I suppose I have come to accept that normal AEGs are boring to so I don't mind them. I got my hands on a TM M93r and have a railed slide, KSC stock, C-More red dot and 22cm silencer, so it works like a pistol carbine with the 100 round mags now. Lots of fun, and unusual. Oh and pretty much silent.

Comment

are aep's a worthy substitute for a gbb?

well in the pistol format the mags are very slim because the aep gearbox is in the grip.

those tiny mags are hard to secure cos they dont fit normal mag pouches and they are quite easily lost (that will really only be a problem for some players, not everyone)

im not for or against aeps, just raising another issue ive noticed

Comment

^ That does mean you can fit about 6 mags in one mag pouch though :3 In my M93r's case that's 240 rounds compared to the 25 of my Glock, in one pouch.

Comment

Lol, following that logic an mp5/Mac/Uzi is better than an m4 because you can fit 3 mags in the space of 1. But you need to consider that they are very easily lost out through the gaps in the sides, especially after you took one out.

If you have a place to carry the mags, great. Else can be a pain, spaeking from the experience of nearly losing 2 of my micro-uzi mags this way.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sir killaIot Find out more about sir killaIot
                        Working...
                        X