Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36K Sling

I have no idea what sling to get.

Im going to get a G36K, which only has 2 sling mounts. One on the stock, and one at the butt of the gun.

Im guessing 3point slings are out but whats the difference between 2 and 1 point in terms of use.
    Im just after a simple sling i can possibly swing the AEG behind me if pistol tiem were needed :P
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Re: G36K Sling

if its a 36k, you should have a sling point on the front of the hand guard, or the locking pin for the hand guard which is also a sling point.

in terms of use, a single point, is often better used with shorter guns. if your planing on having it slung during game play, rather than just carrying. a 2/3 pointer allows a bit more ease of use, due to it being a bigger sling. they are better for carring but not so great in game play terms, ie: you probly wont have the sling over your shoulder while using the gun, which you can do with a singl point.

myself would use a 2/3 pointer on a 36k, single point is ok on the 36c.

Comment

A single point attaches just in front of the stock. It is designed so you can drop your rifle in front of you and draw your pistol or do cqb style stuff. If you have a long gun it will hit the deck muzzle first.

A twin point attaches front of foregrip and rear of stock allowing you to carry your rifle 'American in Vietnam' style over your shoulder or across your back when not using it. Useful for if you carry it for Long distances.

A triple point is like the way an SA80 is slung. Basically is a two point but has a quick release. This means it can be slung tight to your chest or worn like a backpack. When in combat you hit the release and the gun becomes free moving like a single point. You can also drop this and let it dangle whilst throw grenades etc.

In terms of what to get I used a single point when using my Masada. But a two point when using my RPK just to help me carry the lump about.

I use a Magpul pts along which is both single an double point. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Comment

No point on the front

Will see what its like with a 2/3 point, but im open to any ideas

Comment

If by butt of the rifle you mean where the fold is when the stock is folded then just get a single point. You should be able to sling the thing to the side to draw your pistol. Type Magpul dynamics into YouTube to see what I mean.

Comment

The sling point at the front is an eye on the front of the carry handle where it attaches to the receiver. You will want to put a Key ring through it to use it.
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
              The sling point at the front is an eye on the front of the carry handle where it attaches to the receiver. You will want to put a Key ring through it to use it.
              If thats so i'll probly invest in a 3/2 point. looks easier to carry than a 1.

Cheers all

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tariq182 Your local Gamer, Airsofter, Biker and Bassist! Engineer. Find out more about Tariq182
              Working...
              X