G36C SRC gen III or Ares blowback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36C SRC gen III or Ares blowback?

Hey guys quite new to airsoft and don't really know much about the brands.

Which tends to be the better manufacturer? SRC with their Gen III or H&K licensed umarex/ares?

Any help/speculation/personal experience would be much appreciated. :-)

Re: G36C SRC gen III or Ares blowback?

Was speaking to my local shop owner.

He got all the brands together and did a large review for a magazine on them. Not sure which one though. He decided that overall the ARES/Umarex ones were best. But that really depends what factors YOU want from a gun.
    Picked up the Umarex G36C and it did feel really well put together. And no selector switch problems which I've heard from other brands.
    ARES does seem the better make IMO, SRC seems to have its prices in line with the more budget guns, but go to a shop and see quality wise.

Can't wait to pick my Umarex G36KV after christmas
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Yeah I'm waiting for the g36cv to come.back into stock in January.

Comment

As an owner of the Ares/Umarex G36 I can highly recommend it. The SRC G36 is not as good however it is cheaper meaning if you are on a lower budget then it is the one to get.

The Ares G36 is sold as blowback, however do not confuse this with recoil. You get a little recoil but nothing like a GBB or the TM SOPMODs.

Get an Ares and you will not be disappointed.
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

I have seen both internally and have to say the SRC Gen III wins hands down.

The Ares is actually quite good for an Ares but the SRC has better internals but no blowback.

Both have issues to be aware of but over all both are fine guns. I would go for the Ares, simply because I like the tan bodies and would like a G36 with electric blowback.

This is from my perspective, owning a lot of guns and doing all my own tech work. You are new to airsoft so I would go with the SRC with a power downgrade from Zero One.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
            I have seen both internally and have to say the SRC Gen III wins hands down.

The Ares is actually quite good for an Ares but the SRC has better internals but no blowback.

Both have issues to be aware of but over all both are fine guns. I would go for the Ares, simply because I like the tan bodies and would like a G36 with electric blowback.

This is from my perspective, owning a lot of guns and doing all my own tech work. You are new to airsoft so I would go with the SRC with a power downgrade from Zero One.
            Or a wire cutter... the Ares has a quick access gearbox meaning the spring can be swapped or cut down in less than 2 minutes

As The General has said, both are good for there own reasons. What are you after with your G36, Ease of Use, or Realism?
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

You wont need to downgrade the SRC they come out of the box sub 350, they are very sturdy guns with a good hop up unit

Also the GENIII internals are fantastic quality you wont ever have a issue with the gear box ever

I would go for the SRC any day of the week
              Hate.
              "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

I guess more realism than anything else, I like the hk markingson the ares and the blowbacks a.nice.feature, but I will be disabling the blowback to promote longer life of the weapon the src is only hanging in there in my mind as I've heard good reviews about the internals and the price factor, but I guess I'll stick with the ares... just need to find somewhere that has it stocked! I know land warrior are getting some in but that could be after January...

Comment

Its against forum rules to mention other retailers by name (this is a service from a retailer who hates competition).

There are retailers with it in stock now, depending in the model you want.

Airsoft is a "hobby" which includes a lot of "action"... The two together make great company
                  Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
                  www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

as i own both of these guns i will give you my honest opinion on them... between the two of them i prefer the feel and build quality of the umarex gun externaly plus it comes with two stocks as standard the one fitted out of the box has the rubber cheekrest on it which is v nice . the umarex gun is also a lot more accurate at distance due to a higher quality barrel in it / looks like a tightbore . the spring change is a massive bonus too as it is a quick release type and takes less than a minute to change . have had issues with the fire selector switch 3 times it twists around and jams and you have to take the gun apart and reset it / design fault methinks. have now modified it by blanking of the side i dont use and havnt had any more issues to date .the src gun is a very nice gun as well but just dosnt feel right with the finish on the plastic . but although it hasnt got the range of umarex it has a much higher rate of fire and feels much smoother and nicer to fire ,it is also a bit lighter to carry but a little front heavy .i am running both on lipo 2200mah 7.4 batterys but the src outlasts the umarex for battery life every time .also the src mags are slightly better quality than the umarex ones which the lugs have broken on .the only problems i have had with the src are selector grub screws fall out and the same with the stock screw as well ,these are now secured with threadlock so hopefully no more issues .both guns are nice but the src was 144ponds and the umarex was 229pounds but you do get a spare skeliton stock with it which costs 40 ponds if brought seperatly .realy depends on your budget but i think the umarex just pips it at the post .have had both guns for six months now so still early days yet . hope this helps .... baz

Comment

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
                      as i own both of these guns i will give you my honest opinion on them... between the two of them i prefer the feel and build quality of the umarex gun externaly plus it comes with two stocks as standard the one fitted out of the box has the rubber cheekrest on it which is v nice . the umarex gun is also a lot more accurate at distance due to a higher quality barrel in it / looks like a tightbore . the spring change is a massive bonus too as it is a quick release type and takes less than a minute to change . have had issues with the fire selector switch 3 times it twists around and jams and you have to take the gun apart and reset it / design fault methinks. have now modified it by blanking of the side i dont use and havnt had any more issues to date .the src gun is a very nice gun as well but just dosnt feel right with the finish on the plastic . but although it hasnt got the range of umarex it has a much higher rate of fire and feels much smoother and nicer to fire ,it is also a bit lighter to carry but a little front heavy .i am running both on lipo 2200mah 7.4 batterys but the src outlasts the umarex for battery life every time .also the src mags are slightly better quality than the umarex ones which the lugs have broken on .the only problems i have had with the src are selector grub screws fall out and the same with the stock screw as well ,these are now secured with threadlock so hopefully no more issues .both guns are nice but the src was 144ponds and the umarex was 229pounds but you do get a spare skeliton stock with it which costs 40 ponds if brought seperatly .realy depends on your budget but i think the umarex just pips it at the post .have had both guns for six months now so still early days yet . hope this helps .... baz
                      Wow... Not having a go but with a few paragraphs, some basic grammar and spell checking, that would be a lot easier to read.

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                        Its against forum rules to mention other retailers by name (this is a service from a retailer who hates competition).

There are retailers with it in stock now, depending in the model you want.

Airsoft is a "hobby" which includes a lot of "action"... The two together make great company
                        Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
                        I've just looked they're out of stock too no where has it in stock January
                        Last edited by h3nd0dfc; 14 December, 2011, 01:24.

Comment

the other thing i didnt mention was the trades on the umarex and the spelling mistake on the src /saying refeer to manual on it , also the umarex gets 1 year manufacturers warranty and the src only 6 months

Comment

I'd personally go for the SRC Gen 3, its a much better looking gun and overall it will be more reliable

Comment

have been running the umarex and src side by side for nearly a year now. the umarex has had a lot of faults with the fire selector jamming all the time and a loss of fps that we have just discovered was a small shim left in the cylinder by the factory .. not good on a 220pound gun . on its way to the shop yet again under warranty. the src has had no major faults at all and fps is still constant .only faults are external grub screws coming loose that are then threadlocked..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

h3nd0dfc Heyy, just a typical 20 year old.have a son, his name is tyler, he ws born on the 9th of march 2010, and i love him! Find out more about h3nd0dfc
                              Working...
                              X