Importing real steel parts to the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing real steel parts to the UK

Hey guys, I was toying with the idea of ordering custom grips for my M9, and having them shipped here. As far as I understand, this is legally OK, but at the same time it seems to be the sort of thing customs may have a problem with. Has anyone ever done this in the past, and has it gone smoothly?

Cheers

Shipping from the U.S is difficult as some states require a firearms license for accessories. I havent had trouble with customs in the UK
    Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Re: Importing real steel parts to the UK

I've imported a good few dozen RS accessories and parts, never had a problem. Stocks, pistol grips(/grips for pistols), foregrips, mounts, handguards, BUIS... all came through no worries.

As long as you stick to stuff like that and aren't trying to get bolts/receivers etc in, you should be just fine.
      REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

is it illegal to get recievers or can it be done with proper documentation?

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
          is it illegal to get recievers or can it be done with proper documentation?
          Uh iirc any load-bearing parts (reciever, bolt assembly, inner barrel etc)that hasn't been uk demilled is a section 5 offensive firearm or some stupid bollocks.
          Signature Removed

Comment

barrels are a definate no no and are FAC only
            Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by AlexLM View Post
              Uh iirc any load-bearing parts (reciever, bolt assembly, inner barrel etc)that hasn't been uk demilled is a section 5 offensive firearm or some stupid bollocks.
              so i can't import it with the intent to mil it for airsoft use then? it have to come premilled right?

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                so i can't import it with the intent to mil it for airsoft use then? it have to come premilled right?
                Yeh and in the US that involves welding giant gashes in the reciever to make it completely unusable ;_;
                Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by AlexLM View Post
                  Yeh and in the US that involves welding giant gashes in the reciever to make it completely unusable ;_;
                  well that sucks.

Comment

Out of curiosity why do you need a RS body for an airsoft gun?
                    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                      Out of curiosity why do you need a RS body for an airsoft gun?
                      it's for my ptw i want to build one of these http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.1_PSC_11.php

Comment

Thought about speaking to Madbull to see if they'd be interested?
                        They already make JP Recievers for other AEGS

Comment

Originally posted by mad.matt View Post
                          Thought about speaking to Madbull to see if they'd be interested?
                          They already make JP Recievers for other AEGS
                          I doubt madbull would be interested since ptw's are a niche market, there's alot of us that use them but not enough of us for them to warrant going out of there way.

Comment

There is a place that does rs pistol bits in the uk. Grip saftey, mag catch, grips and what not. The 'pistols' they sell have a skeleton stock and are not deemed a handgun.

As for a whole receiver in RS it would prob be cheaper to get dimensions and have one milled or mod an existing airsoft one. Finding somebody to ship you a rs deac receiver will be hard and you'll prob have to pay thru the nose for it and then end up modifying it too as airsoft dimensions wont be similar.

If it was easy to pull off the yanks would be at it instead of paying retarded money for prime receivers for inokatsu and g&p m4's. Just my thrupany bit
                            Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                            Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

I've ordered several packages from HK containing mags etc and they haven't been inspected or held so you should be fine ordering accessories without any hassle. Or to avoid problems, ask the seller to attach a note to parcel with your mobile number and reg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Airsofter123 Find out more about Airsofter123
                              Working...
                              X