Helikon Multicam...good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helikon Multicam...good or bad?

Hi there, my local Military surplus shop has just purchased a large batch of brand new (retail tags and all) Helikon BDUs, combat trousers, UBACS, baseball caps and others. I've heard a few airsofters say that it had faded in the wash, but personally i really haven't been airsofting for a long time to have used any Helikon gear.

Please, anything is good, personal experiences and anything in between is welcome.

~Heavy
    Last edited by Heavy weap0nz guy; 18 December, 2011, 23:25. Reason: grammar fail

Re: Helikon Multicam...good or bad?

ive got some camogram trousers mate there excellent great quality also a mate of mine who is special forces actually got issued with theese trousers which is why i decided to get some

Comment

i've got the camogrom sfu trousers. very comfortable and well made. i've also got the soft shell jacket in comogrom. very good. quite a few people at the sites have asked where i got it. i imported mine from the manufacturer direct but with current exchange rates you don't seem to save much at the mo and a number of sites on ebay are selling them now. helikon's sizes are quite generous compared to some manufacturers so have a read of their size chart. as a matter of interest where is the local shop?

Comment

Just to echo the above, they are my "go to" retailer at the moment. I love the quality of their kit, currently got SFU trousers, one of their combat shirts and a classic combat fleece - all top notch quality. I would agree that the sizes are generous, I ordered a medium shirt and its bigger than you'd expect - I'd call it a large really! However, the trousers were spot on.

Comment

Im fairly sure im getting some for Christmas, so I'll do a review if you like.

I do really want one of their soft shells for everyday wear though. I love my webtex one, but I want one that I'm not covering in crap each weekend to wear out and about!

Comment

Owned Helikon Camogram for a while now and can honestly say its great!

My regular site (PHOENIX now at WELLBECK) has recently moved to a pure untouched Woodland site ... Which is amazing by the way.... And whilst others are getting there legs marked by thorns, etc going through their kit, this hasn't effected me once! Woohoo

I also love the fact that rather than buy different knee and arm pads to match each kit, I just take mine out of the ready made compartments (pads are not provided when u buy the trouser or jacket) and swap them accordingly!

Cheers

Steve

Comment

Thanks guys! I think I've made my decision now, maybe the people who thought they bought Helikon actually bought Viper....who knows? :D

Comment

Definitely a good choice, good quality materials and the colours of the camo are brilliant. The price isn't bad either actually.

Comment

Anything from them is great , their multicam does look a bit bright when brand new but after a couple skirmishes look worn and much better .Been using there stuff for about 2 years with no problems.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Also have a similar stance on this, I bought a pair of SFU trousers a few months back and they're great quality. I haven't been phased by the fact the colour has slightly faded either.
                    "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

I REALLY fancy a set of these!! There are a few reviews out there too, or in fact here:
                      http://airsoftodyssey.blogspot.com/2...ka-review.html
                      http://airsoftodyssey.blogspot.com/2...ts-review.html
                      http://airsoftodyssey.blogspot.com/2...cu-review.html
                      Signature Removed

Comment

I've been looking at getting some of Helikon stuff recently and checking that link has really helped! I think I'll be picking some stuff up in the new year. Anybody got any ideas what the Combat Shirts are like? They just like other UBACS?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Heavy weap0nz guy Find out more about Heavy weap0nz guy
                        Working...
                        X