TM G18C GBB Silencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM G18C GBB Silencer

Pretty simple question really. Does anyone know if an outer barrel is available with an extended 14mm thread to add a silencer to the TM G18C. I have searched on the net and only found a top rail kit which has a thread on the end but it looks butt ugly. I want to make a mini CQB GBB and fancy a slightly longer barrel under the silencer with the 50bb mag, think it will look very nice but has to be TM.

Cheers

Re: TM G18C GBB Silencer

You can get a threaded outer barrel for the marui glock17, and the 18 should take it too as theyre identical.

HOWEVER

chances are it wont work and youll wreck the gun. The extra added weight of the silencer pulling on the outer barrel will mess up the blowbackd ROF. Especially with the way the glock barrels slant upwards slightly.

You would be much better off just getting a tightbore and good hop rubber and some quality .25 bbs

Comment

Are you saying the outer barrel moves forward and back with the slide then? Dont see how a silencer could affect the ROF

Comment

Hold down the side catch and manually cycle the slide. Note the outer barrel moves up and down. Now imagine if the barrel was weighed down at the tip.

Comment

There's also massive potential for a slide jam

Comment

Well as I said thinking of getting so I can't hold down the side catch I see your point though, I guess thats why I didnt find anything. It's mainly for astetics since I have a TM night warrior and the range/accuracy is perfectly fine for CQB. I just fancied a pair of silenced fully auto pistols any other suggestions of other GBB's then? I was thinking of the KSC M11NS2 as well and they are a little cheaper.

Comment

The silencer will make bugger all difference to the sound, perhaps change the pitch a little but thats about it. Most of the noise from a GBB comes from the slide rattling back an forth. Sadly as cool as they look, silencers are generally a pain in the ass to get them to work right on GBBs and cause more trouble than theyre worth

Comment

I agree that they don't do alot but I prefer the look with a silencer, the assasin style I suppose. Lets be honest, half the point of airsoft is to look good

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                  I agree that they don't do alot but I prefer the look with a silencer, the assasin style I suppose. Lets be honest, half the point of airsoft is to look good
                  Oh dont get me wrong, they look sexy as hell. But if they interfere with the workings of the gun then thats no good.

Comment

Yeah your right. Hmm maybe duel silenced M4 pistols with lonex mags is the answer then....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FlangTal1ty I like guns and enjoy shooting people, all you need to know :-) Find out more about FlangTal1ty
                    Working...
                    X