Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a MOSFET for a G&P M4?

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a MOSFET to cure the cycling issues you get on a G&P M4 and I have been told that this will cure it completely, as well as bring a whole host of other benefits.

A couple of these units I have seen have been going for around the £100+ mark and I don't think I wish to spend that much on something of this nature unless I am 100% sure that I am getting £100 worth of benefits over a cheaper model.

Can any of you recommend me a decent unit that won't break the bank, or my gun?

Thanks,

Olphy.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Re: Advice on a MOSFET for a G&P M4?

get an ascu version two you can get them for £80, although you can get the version 1 for alot cheaper if you shop around the only problem is it's a larger than the v2 so it'll be a tight squeeze in your buffer tube if you run a lipo.

Comment

I make my own CPU controlled MOSFETs, and if you aren't afraid of re wiring your gearbox are wayyy cheaper that the current high end MOSFETs.

Comment

Sorry, why do you think that a mosfet will cure the cycling issues?

How old is your AEG, what current setup does it have (battery, any modifications, etc)?

Comment

AWS Raptor, Extreme Fire Cheetah-2N

A FET probably won't solve your issues. I suggest you resolve them properly and then install a FET.

Comment

I'd agree on an ASCU v2. they're pretty nice and for £80 they're worth the money

Comment

maybe you could find an answer here,or somewhere else in the forum
              http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/i...p?topic=3730.0
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I've been told that FETs complete a full cycle of the gearbox on every shot, whereas the contact derived analogue systems aren't as consistent. Whether this is true or not is open to persuasion.

My G&P is sometimes a little reluctant to fire on semi after a burst on full, I know of a couple of friends who's G&Ps do the same. I'm also informed that FETs generally improve the life of the battery and gearbox, as well as a great snappy trigger response.

My internals are the standard G&P 8mm metal bearing design running with 7.4 1300mah LiPos.

Comment

It sounds more like your selector plate is getting stuck, which happens quite a bit on G&P's I've had four of them and they all had this problem, the worst was one I purchased from a well known Scottish retailer (the one that sell ATACS clothing).

Comment

So just to summarise, are we saying that the ASCU V2 is worth the extra money over, say a Burst Wizard?

EDIT: Or similar ilk?
                    Last edited by Olphy; 4 January, 2012, 18:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
                      So just to summarise, are we saying that the ASCU V2 is worth the extra money over, say a Burst Wizard?
                      burst wizard isn't even a mosfet. it plugs in and controls rof.
                      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

You need the full cycle completion, which the ASCU has... not sure who else offers that.

It will cure the V2 lock up you getting as that is when it stops mid cycle. A bigger battery will solve this mainly too.

What model you got, because the biggest issue is fitting it physically all in there!

Comment

Thanks for confirming my thoughts jagillham. It's the G&P Defender with crane stock and front RIS rails, like this:

Comment

You have a little more room to play with then

MOSFET in the stock tube, and crane stock battery. You on lipo's....you should be!

Comment

Chalke99 makes great quality and priced top of the range mosfets
                              MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olphy Find out more about Olphy
                              Working...
                              X