Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Hi all, i'm new to the airsofting scene and i'm looking for help and advice on a few items. I've seen on the shop area a couple of weapons i like APS AEG M4A1 and the G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Raider-L but i don't know if there good weapons to get as a noobie(anybody got one?) also i don't have a clue what sidearm to get! Webbing and tactical gear i'm at a loss aswell. Any advice, useful links and recommendations of what to get will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Help!

Some information on you, your site and budget might help

Comment

Sorry! Had a special moment! I'm 18 current military, not uk gun registered so it's got to a two tone, my budget is about 200ish for main weapon, and extra for sidearm(don't know costs) buying would like the gun to be good enough to mod and paint when I'm registered.

Comment

Re: Newbie

I suggest renting until your UKARA registered as you will save a lot of money in the long run (and two tones can be difficult to sell).

Here are some suggestions good all round guns in your price range:

Most of the Tokyo Marui guns around the £200 price range are pretty good for starter guns. They come with a out of the box FPS that is site legal so no need to get a spring replacement. You may or may not know site legal FPS is 328 with an allowance of up to 350 at most sites. TM guns often chrono at 280 FPS. This is no bad thing. Contrary to what some think, FPS does not give a gun its range, the hop up does and TM have some of the best out of the box hop ups in my opinion. Two guns I suggest are the Tokyo Marui FAMAS and the Tokyo Marui G36. A good non TM gun is the ICS SIG 551. Its pretty versatile and around the £200 mark but you will need to change the spring for it to be site legal. I wouldn't bother with a side arm at first, especially if your budget is limited. Whilst they can be handy in a jam, they are only "necessary" whilst playing sniper in my opinion. Hope that helps.
        For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
        Check out my other sales!

Comment

Yes both the RIFs you have suggested are fine, but if your budget goes to £200, steal a tenner and buy a g&p m4.
          That or get somethin closer to £200, you wont be disappointed
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I'd avoid APS (stands for A Piece of Shit). G&G would be a better bet. However if your an M4/Armalite fan you should look at some of the G&P ones. They do quite a few at the £200 mark. They tend to be pretty sturdy and reliable guns.
            For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
            Check out my other sales!

Comment

Yeah i agree with above. Altough. the Cm16 Carbine m4 is a nice starter. Feels Great. Is on the right Fps and Has a decent rate of fire. Its well under your budget so you can get a nice Tokyo Marui Gas pistol as a side arm. Also look under webbing and assault vests on zeroone, I have the Viper dpm assault vest and it does me proud. back to the M4. Its a brilliant starter weapon. Quality and very easy on money and takes pretty much any m4 make upgrades and body part modifications. They are probably the most used airsoft weapon imo.
              also face protection. Full face masks cover your face completly but are found to be: Too hot.Sweaty.Uncomfortable and hard to speak and see at times.
              I would reccomend a half face mesh and some nice Glasses/Goggles. Unless your hard and just want the goggles.
              Hope this has helped.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Airsofter View Post
                Yeah i agree with above. Altough. the Cm16 Carbine m4 is a nice starter. Feels Great. Is on the right Fps and Has a decent rate of fire. Its well under your budget so you can get a nice Tokyo Marui Gas pistol as a side arm. Also look under webbing and assault vests on zeroone, I have the Viper dpm assault vest and it does me proud. back to the M4. Its a brilliant starter weapon. Quality and very easy on money and takes pretty much any m4 make upgrades and body part modifications. They are probably the most used airsoft weapon imo.
                also face protection. Full face masks cover your face completly but are found to be: Too hot.Sweaty.Uncomfortable and hard to speak and see at times.
                I would reccomend a half face mesh and some nice Glasses/Goggles. Unless your hard and just want the goggles.
                Hope this has helped.
                Wait? What? CM16= £140, Cheapest TM is about £100 up to £150... £140+£100/=£200.

Comment

Cm16 CARBINE= £119. xD. I only refer to his thread saying he wouldnt mind a Cm16.
                  sigpic

Comment

G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Raider-L is £134.95, that being what he mentioned after all... But the boggers CM16 is £120.

Comment

I think the most important advice so far on this thread is to wait until you've got your UKARA number so you can buy a sensibly coloured gun. You say you're 18 so there's no point wasting your time with some day-glow pos that you'll feel silly carrying around.

I'm not sure from your original post whether you're saying you are a serving soldier? If you are then I can understand it might be difficult to play the required number of games in the required time period but if you can then definitly be patient and wait it out.

Suggested kit-list:

G&G m4 - £120-£150
                      KJW pistol - £80-£100
                      Viper Assault Vest - £30-£50
                      Fabric Holster - £15
                      Fullface mask - £20
                      Batteries/BBs - £30
                      Good Boots - £20-£30

So you're looking at about £315 as a minimum by my calculations.

Comment

Originally posted by plainlazy44 View Post
                        I'm not sure from your original post whether you're saying you are a serving soldier? If you are then I can understand it might be difficult to play the required number of games in the required time period but if you can then definitly be patient and wait it out.
                        3 games in a year... think OP might be ok

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                          3 games in a year... think OP might be ok
                          When I had to get mine sorted last year it was 3 games in 2 months? Maybe I misunderstood but that seems to be the general guidelines stated on this forum.

Comment

In no less than 2 months for UKARA...

Comment

Meh, another common misunderstanding of VCRA/UKARA to add to the pot lol. Cheers for setting me straight

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

diggerrigby Airsoft regular! Find out more about diggerrigby
                              Working...
                              X