Contenders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contenders.

Right, I've narrowed down to these guns, as my first gun. Do any of you have any past experiences of them, or which one do you think is best?
    I need the gun to be OK in CQB and can shoot accurately 50-60 metres.

JG MP5A4
    CYMA AK47 (CM.028)
    JG Sig 552
    JG G36C
    JG Steyr Aug (military, built in scope)
    JG G3 SAS (Stocked)
    KS P90 (Long Barreled)

And these three are my last resort, I don't really wanna spend this much but if they are much better than the others, I might.

G&G GR-16 (Electric Blowback)
    JG AU-3G Tactical AUG
    JG M4 S-System

Thanks
    BlutBoomer

Re: Contenders.

as far as i know the internals for all recent jg guns are very similar in quality and quite good. all of the jg guns will be very reliable but i can pretty much say for sure you won't make shots at 50-60m with them. i don't have much experience with the others but generally jg are regarded as very good, as clones go, so i wouldn't expect them to be much better.

also, jg guns will often come firing pretty hot so you may need a 1J spring put in for cqb

hope this helps a bit

mark

Comment

Another gun you might want to consider - The G&G Combat Machine M4a1 - £99.99 from UK retailers......look it up on youtube, there are great reviews on it.

Otherwise - JG G36c, but you'll need to upgrade the Hopup to get the best from it.

Comment

Thanks, and for the site I go to the limit is 350fps for CQB and outdoors so JG should just about be low enough. And the G&G CM M4A1 does look very promising, but do you know where I can get it in two tone?

Comment

You should be able to get the clear version, which is fine if you're not UKARA registered anyway.

Also, if you do want to shoot 50 - 60m, it would be very difficult, but all I can say is get the AUG, get a tightbore barrel, and replace the Hop Up rubber and nub with the most expensive one you can find.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
            You should be able to get the clear version, which is fine if you're not UKARA registered anyway.

Also, if you do want to shoot 50 - 60m, it would be very difficult, but all I can say is get the AUG, get a tightbore barrel, and replace the Hop Up rubber and nub with the most expensive one you can find.
            I would do that, problem is, I'm 12, so I've got a tight budget, ive got about 230 quid from my bday. So, I probs couldnt do what you stated i should do.

Comment

Actually, you could. Just something to point out here:

As far as i know, none of the first guns you listed are 2008 guns by JG. The reason the aug 3g, and the m4 s system are more expensive, is because they have something called a mosfet fitted. These things are awesome, raising your rate of fire, prolonging battery life and giving quicker trigger response. If you were going to get an aug, dont get the military one. Get a 3g, they look way better, have better internals, and are generally just more kickass. Then get a cheap red dot or sight of some description, and your good to go.

Failing that, get the JG g36c. This gun is what 50% of newcomers seem to go for, because of its great performance, for the price. As said though, you would need to upgrade the hop unit, rubber, and ideally get a tightbore, to be making accurate shots at those ranges.

The thing is though, for cqb, youre never gonna need that sort of range. And, 90% of the aegs you go up against on the field, wont be able to shoot accurately past 50 metres either.

Up to you mate, but i would go first for the aug 3g, and failing that, the 36c, both from jing gong.

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

If you are going CQB, P90 varients are amazing for it with the size and control you get with it (And the motherf**king ROF) But don't get the long barrelled version, Another good contender is any MP5 varient. A retractable stock version may benefit you more in CQB but the full stock version is just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom S View Post
                  Actually, you could. Just something to point out here:

As far as i know, none of the first guns you listed are 2008 guns by JG. The reason the aug 3g, and the m4 s system are more expensive, is because they have something called a mosfet fitted. These things are awesome, raising your rate of fire, prolonging battery life and giving quicker trigger response. If you were going to get an aug, dont get the military one. Get a 3g, they look way better, have better internals, and are generally just more kickass. Then get a cheap red dot or sight of some description, and your good to go.

Failing that, get the JG g36c. This gun is what 50% of newcomers seem to go for, because of its great performance, for the price. As said though, you would need to upgrade the hop unit, rubber, and ideally get a tightbore, to be making accurate shots at those ranges.

The thing is though, for cqb, youre never gonna need that sort of range. And, 90% of the aegs you go up against on the field, wont be able to shoot accurately past 50 metres either.

Up to you mate, but i would go first for the aug 3g, and failing that, the 36c, both from jing gong.
                  How much would all the upgrades for the 36c cost? And whats the fps on the au-3?
                  And Jumping Scotty, I'm doing CQB/Outdoors, in one day, and the range is about 40-60 metres outside i think (guess)

Comment

If you want me to be honest?

Save up for a TM P90... You'll be amazed at the range you can get out of it stock... I have one shooting roughly 55metres now and it's firing a little over the limit at 365, but that's a new spring so waiting for it to bed down.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Save up for a TM P90... You'll be amazed at the range you can get out of it stock... I have one shooting roughly 55metres now and it's firing a little over the limit at 365, but that's a new spring so waiting for it to bed down.
                      This one? http://www.************.co.uk/product-info.php?id=154
                      or the TR version?

Comment

The 200 quid one? or the TR 205 quid one? Or a totally different one?

Comment

well, heres the prices ive found, for what i would do. I cant tell you where from though, but if you look enough... all prices include postage.

Element 6.04mm High Precision inner Barrel For G36C (247mm) - £17
                          JG g36c in 2 tone - £130 (this can be bought from zeroone. However, most retailers are having difficulty with all the china guns atm)
                          Guarder improved hop bucking clear - £8

That should be enough to make the gun you want. If you wanted to, you could spend a further £20 getting a tokyo marui/classic army g36c hop up chamber, it may or may not be worth it.

Just seen your other posts: the tr one is a tri rail one, giving you rails to mount attatchments on. The other one has a built in red dot sight. Its all up to preference. Also, you cant link to, or even mention, other airsoft sites other than www.zeroone.co.uk here

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

Originally posted by Dom S View Post
                            well, heres the prices ive found, for what i would do. I cant tell you where from though, but if you look enough... all prices include postage.

Element 6.04mm High Precision inner Barrel For G36C (247mm) - £17
                            JG g36c in 2 tone - £130 (this can be bought from zeroone. However, most retailers are having difficulty with all the china guns atm)
                            Guarder improved hop bucking clear - £8

That should be enough to make the gun you want. If you wanted to, you could spend a further £20 getting a tokyo marui/classic army g36c hop up chamber, it may or may not be worth it.

Just seen your other posts: the tr one is a tri rail one, giving you rails to mount attatchments on. The other one has a built in red dot sight. Its all up to preference. Also, you cant link to, or even mention, other airsoft sites other than www.zeroone.co.uk here
                            Ok thanks, thats cleared things up, but would the fps be under 350 on the 36c?

Comment

Personally I'd go with the Tri-Rail as it allows for mounting optics, so you could have a 3-12x50mm scope on if you really wanted to.

It's lightweight, very comfortable to hold, good rate of fire, and very small yet still long ranged.

If you're looking for a Tight Bore, type in "Park" and airsoft into google, first link, they'll have some "Military Action" tightbore barrels - 6.03mm, which start at £14 delivered, depending on the length.

The Hop Rubber and Bucking combination is the most important for range. I'd recommend Firefly's Hard Hop rubber (when they state 400fps + don't worry if you're shooting 350, they work fine). Bit expensive, but well worth it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BlutBoomer Find out more about BlutBoomer
                              Working...
                              X