Tm Sopmod Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm Sopmod Experiences

Hi I will be swapping my pts Masada soon for a tm Sopmod, I have heard very good things about them but want to know people's experiences of them and how they perform. Thanks

More specific. Otherwise all everyone will say is "mine is awesome"

You've done a good thing though. You won't look back

Comment

Re: Tm Sopmod Experiences

Just how they feel recoil wise and in terms of range accuracy. And how many batteries will I need for a day as I have heard they have crap battery life

Comment

Change the battery system for normal deans and lipo set up mate. Even the sopmod lipo mod batteries are crap and I had to use 3 for a days play. You will need to put on the hardended stock tube buffer ring and the hard inner block as they tend to break after a while from the recoil.

I had both the M4A1 and the CQB versions and loved them. Had to sell them ages ago though due to fund issues and now have just normal AEG's. I will though buy another one at some point as they are fun. They also make a loaud clacking noise to the enemy will defo know your there lol

The recoil is pretty good and does actually move the gun slightly making aiming that little bit more difficult but adds to the fun and realism. Dont go for hicaps though as you loose the mag stop feature.
        Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

Get the SOCOM instead of the SOPMOD, that'll sort out the issue with the crap battery system.

Recoil wise, in stock form, you don't really feel all that much in semi auto, it rattles around a definitely noticeable amount in full auto but it's still not as as strong as a GBBr. Accuracy is pretty good, just the usual you'd expect from a high quality AEG, and the range is great for a gun that only shoots 280-290, though obviously it's no 500 FPS bolt action.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Ok thanks for the advice was thinking of buying an eagle 6 7.4v 3300 mah lipo of a guy on here.

Comment

one question can you use a standard nimh mini battery charger with the sopmod adaptor to charge the sopmod batteries

Comment

You can indeed

Comment

From experience of my CQBR, top notch, bolt stop is my favourite feature. The barrel can wobble, but you can buy shims and a hard ring to sort that. The rear wires feed under the buffer tube, The plate for this also proveds the stock stops, so the screws can come loose.
                  They fire really well, I have a TK twist in mine ( just swapped from a madbull 6.03) shoots really well. Out the box at 290 fps its fired really well, just felt like he bbs took forever to reach the target.

Comment

The Eagle 6 Lipos are excellent, although I may be selling mine as my friend damaged my battery connector on the sopmod so I might be doing a deans conversion :/

Recoil isn't anything great, but it's enough to notice and is awesome as such. The best thing IMO is that it doesn't sound like an angry sewing machine!

Comment

Did have around 14 AEGs , then i bought a TM EBB socom , now two years later I also have a sopmod and a Scar and only four 'standard' AEGs left (and I'm slowly selling them of as well) so I think you can guess how much I like my TM blowbacks ?
                      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

So would it be an idea to change the spring to up the fps just that bit more or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Grp View Post
                          So would it be an idea to change the spring to up the fps just that bit more or not?
                          Getting the Eagle 6 Spring (it doesn't take normal ones) to get it about the 320fps mark is good. I wouldn't go above that unless you are making a dedicated outdoor rifle, since 320 is good for 99% of urban sites too.

One thing to note is that the sector gear is highly likely to break. When is a different matter entirely, it could be a month, it could be a decade. But eventually it will strip a tooth. You could replace it in advance, or just leave it be.

Comment

Thanks, well we run 370 indoors, a bit hot for some, plan is to run at 330 so its safe for all sites I'll plan on playing, are they worth the money?

Comment

Originally posted by Grp View Post
                              Thanks, well we run 370 indoors, a bit hot for some, plan is to run at 330 so its safe for all sites I'll plan on playing, are they worth the money?
                              I can't answer for you, but for me, it's worth every penny. In terms of performance, the hop is excellent. You'd think the hop unit has been replaced with an anti-gravity drive, especially if you put a twist barrel in it (at 320-330fps anyway).

The recoil is just the icing on the cake. It gives the gun such a fun character that I don't think I could happily go back to a non-recoil gun. It's nothing like a GBB, make no mistake, but then a GBB can't use mid/high caps :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

I love Airsoft Find out more about I love Airsoft
                              Working...
                              X