Collapse

Advice needed on buying a 2nd pistol...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice needed on buying a 2nd pistol...

It does take a while to fill Hicapa mags, they have a big gas resevoir, do in 2 second bursts as well to minimize the cooling of the mag. once its full you will get quite a visible plumume of gas, stop trying to fill, leave it for a couple of seconds then try it again just to make sure.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      It does take a while to fill Hicapa mags, they have a big gas resevoir, do in 2 second bursts as well to minimize the cooling of the mag. once its full you will get quite a visible plumume of gas, stop trying to fill, leave it for a couple of seconds then try it again just to make sure.
      Yep defo a lack of fill. Got my new bottle of Guarder gas today and promptly filled the mag until it overflowed, no probs at all. Managed to empty almost two mags full of BB's, but ran out of gas with the last BB left in the mag. Got off about 40 shots before the slide stopped cycling properly but still managed to get off all but one round. This was indoors at about 15-17 degrees C.

No doubt if I use the plastic slide I'll get more shots off.

Loading the BB's into the mag is a bit of pain in the ass though (even with using a TM speed loader), first few times I kept having to empty them all out again as they weren't stacking properly, think I have it down now though...

Hate to admit it but this TM pistol definitely does seem better than my WE 1911.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven Morpheus View Post
        Thanks. Been looking at Mikes site for a couple of bits already - he's got the original slide safety on there for a start, and very reasonably priced, I was looking at a site in asia for one and the only one available was a NineBall one for something like $65, twice the price of the original TM one on Mikes site, and it wasn't black!!
        I recently fitted the nineball mag gas routers from him in my TM Hi Capa 4.3. They make a very noticeable difference!

Comment

The 2 best performance upgrades available, the nineball gas routers combined with the Lees precision shims which are about 3 quid and fit under the router!
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Hmm I'll have to look into those. Never bothered with the WE mags, just shimmed them myself and left them at that, the WE mags are a pos anyway, in the year I've owned the WE M1911 I've gone through 5 WE mags and only one of them seems to still be OK...

Been looking around and apparently the 9ball routers give you something like +40fps, are they really that good?

Anyway I have a few upgrades planned, already got a 9ball hop rubber (the purple one) in my WE M1911 so I'll probably take that out and put it into the TM HI Capa, but here's what else I plan on doing -

Guarder tactical grip (although the stock TM one is fine as it is so I may not bother with this unless I actually end up getting the Serpa holster I've been meaning to get for the last 12 months).

9ball 6.03 inner barrel (standard 5.1 length, 112mm) - just bought this, awaiting delivery.

CO2 mag (WE) - just for fun really, doubt I'll ever be able to use it at a site as it'll be over FPS limits I would imagine. Purchased this today as well though just waiting for it to arrive.

150% spring set - have a set already made by Guarder (if I can work out which they are among the 3 recoil springs I have, 2 WE and 1 Guarder) , never used them in my WE M1911 because they didn't seem to help at all, but might try these in the TM, probably need the harder hammer spring for the CO2 mag...

9ball Dyna Piston head - already got this installed. I will probably swap this out for a Shooters Design one though as I've read that's better for higher pressure gasses such as Green/CO2, and the Guarder gas seems to be higher pressure compared to other brands of GG I've tried, so I should be able to avoid what happened to my WE M1911 in the summer where I blew the o-ring off the piston head...

As it's not a race gun I don't think I really need to do any more than the above, don't really need to do the above either but I feel like doing it anyway.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raven Morpheus Find out more about Raven Morpheus
            Working...
            X