reccomend me some eye wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reccomend me some eye wear

any suggestions for some anti fog eye wear (NOT MESH) have tried lots of different glasses / goggles over the years but have still yet to find anything that truely is anti fog. would idealy like something with a seal all the way around but anything thats not mesh would be worth a look.

Re: reccomend me some eye wear

To save us some time and doing the donkey work for you; please list what eyewear/goggles you have tried?...

Comment

ESS Advancer V12's - they come with an anti fog wipe, which combined with a bit of Scuba Diving anti-fog (from any diving store pretty much) and the fact that they have vents in the top means that they're damned close to being truly anti fog. I have a pair, and I only have trouble if I'm running around loads and loads and then stop and stand still for a while. If you stay still, they'll fog a little bit. Just pop open the vents, walk around a bit and voila, crystal clear again. Just my tupence sir!
      sigpic

Comment

What is it that puts you off mesh specifically?
        www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

ess v12`s are good I have a pair myself but a friend always seams to "borrow" them when we play.

I must also say that the TM goggles with the built in fan have never fogged up on me I do use anti fog on them and I have long hair and seam to be prone to fogging up on most goggles

as I used to play a lot of cqb and needed face protection I find that that makes your goggles more likely to fog up and that`s why I think my ess v12`s fogged up on me the odd few times they did.
          sigpic
          Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

ESS V12's. I am a big guy and fog up pretty easily. I had tried just about everything and nothing really worked till I tried these. I could get away with mesh but they gave me headaches and I was fully aware that they simply do not provide the same protection as 2.8mm polycarb. That is simply a fact.

I tried shooting glasses and those did not fog up as much but I did not like the gaps so I rarely use those now. Basically for safe zone comfort and as sunglasses out and about.

Well I removed the foam from the V12's and just used them. No fogging issues. I did get a little when it was snowing and I was sweating quite heavily from running and had stopped to get a breather. So I popped the side vents open and moved around a bit. They cleared almost instantly.

At break time I applied a fresh coating of Salclear antifog (I use that a lot and it sorts out all my fogging issues) as I had not applied any in months and perhaps 3 game days. Went out the afternoon and no fogging issues what so ever. One chap that was playing had on a pair of yellow lens shooting type glasses and he was fogging up badly. I told him to come and see me at break and I would apply the antifog. He did find me and it sorted all his fogging problems.

Salclear, what professional divers use apparently. It sold me on the product.

Another very very important thing to consider is what you wear on your head and if you cover your mouth. I have found wearing a baseball cap or boonie hat can prevent sweat from evaporating and this can cause fogging as well as causing your head and face to get hot. Which causes a temperature differential and if it's cold outside. Well you get fogging. I have tried thermal ESS lens goggles and while they were a lot better they still fogged up when it was cold out and I was not moving. I had not tried Salclear at the time though and I think if I used them now with Salclear, all would be fine.

If you do cover your mouth with a scarf or a shamagh, you will get fogging a lot of fogging. I see guys wearing balaclavas or ski masks and wondering why they are fogging up! If you wear a lower mesh mask, this pretty much eliminates the issue while protecting your teeth. A good mate of mine used to call me "gay" for wearing a lower mesh mask. Then a couple of months ago he got a tooth shot in half in woodland. Now he is utterly silent regarding me wearing a lower mesh mask!

I have been tempted several times to try a fan based goggle system but decided I did not want to throw the cash down on the ESS model. I have seen copies for a lot less but when it comes to eye protection, I will admit I am a ESS whore! I now own 6 different products from them.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
              I will admit I am a ESS whore! I now own 6 different products from them.
              Ess are owned by oakley are they not ? So your an Oakley whore !! How many oakley boots and sun glasses do you own ? I think I`m way over 6 oh if anyone has some black oakley "plate" sunglasses they want to sell PM me mine always seam to get broken and they don`t make them anymore
              sigpic

Comment

ESS are owned by Oakley now. Most of my ESS products are from the period before Oakley bought them out. So technically I am an ESS and Oakley whore lol.

Comment

you know a real oakley whore could be really cool by that I mean a female designed and sold by oakley for use in the bedroom and maybe kitchen.

I can see certain body parts that when designed by oakley may take your eye`s out good job we all have ess v12`s to keep our eyes safe :p
                  sigpic

Comment

or u can get some bolles for dirty cheap and they will last just as long

Comment

Originally posted by Bust-Em View Post
                      I paid under £25 for my ESS V12`s they came with the bag and 3 sets on lens`s they were "surplus" but had never been used.

To me that`s dirt cheap.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bust-Em View Post
                        Without wishing to say what utter rubbish. What utter rubbish. Bolle are crap compared to ESS. I had a pair fail on me. I got lucky. I won't use Bolle any more. I emailed Bolle and got ignored. When I needed to source a thermal lens for my ESS NVG's ESS in America got involved and sent me a free pair of goggles with thermal lenses while they were waiting to get the NVG lenses back into stock (Oakley had just bought them out and they asked me to wait till the superior Oakley process could be used on the lens)

Cheap is a false economy where safety is concerned.

ESS/Oakley, fantastic company, fantastic products.

Bolle... not so much.

Failure could have been a one off. I don't care, it DID happen to me. That is more than enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
                          I paid under £25 for my ESS V12`s they came with the bag and 3 sets on lens`s they were "surplus" but had never been used.

To me that`s dirt cheap.
                          Exactly. Same here (£25), and with my ICE 2.4's, got those for less than £15 with three sets of lenses. Got an early ICE 2.4 without the elasticated strap system for a tenner brand new with three lenses. Amazing as sun glasses.

Comment

I need prescription inserts any experience with the ESS ones?

Comment

I lke the dewalt infinity about a tenner from screwfix and get some CatCrap off ebay. Cat crap is the best anti fog treatment Ive found and actually the only one that works for me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tsv2tuff Find out more about tsv2tuff
                              Working...
                              X