ESS Profile NVG - Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESS Profile NVG - Please help

Hey guy's and girl's, can you please help me with a decision between getting the Tan or the Black pair by showing me any photo's if you have a pair?

I have seen the profile photos from the retailers but they always make tan look 'too' bright, I just want to see what it's like from 'normal' photography.

Thanks if you help me out =)

Mike

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Re: ESS Profile NVG - Please help

What colour gear/ camouflage are you wearing? Just look up ess profile and possibly add the phrase loadout and youll find plenty of pictures mate

Comment

Already tried that, I found a couple of photos already and I think I am airing towards the black pair, but I will purchase a Tan speed-sleeve.

I am using Multicam with Coyote Brown Molle gear for a US ARSOC loadout.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

TBO Us SF dont have goggles in there helmets that often anymore as it adds alot of bulk. They generally use oakley m frames, although you clearly want practicality, so go for the black pair then, as thats what they use. Don't bother with the tan speed sleeve- contrasting colours look cool, which is why ranger green looks so good with multicam.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshi View Post
          TBO Us SF dont have goggles in there helmets that often anymore as it adds alot of bulk. They generally use oakley m frames, although you clearly want practicality, so go for the black pair then, as thats what they use. Don't bother with the tan speed sleeve- contrasting colours look cool, which is why ranger green looks so good with multicam.
          Most of them do use goggles but more as a preference thing, as for the glasses, I am / have a pair of ESS ICE which was another one of their issued items before they changed to ESS Crossbow's, but the list of approved / issued glasses are:

- ESS Crossbow (Or ICE)
          - Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 2.0
          - Revision Sawfly
          - Smith Optics Aegis
          - UVEX Genesis
          - UVEX XC
          - Wiley X PT-1
          - Wiley X SG-1
          - Wiley X Talon

The goggles again that they have adopted and approved for usage are:

- Arena Flakjak
          - ESS Land Ops
          - ESS Profile NVG
          - Revision Desert Locust
          - Smith Optics Outside the wire

All this taken from the 'Program Executive Office Soldier 2012' portfolio .pdf for the US ARMY from one of their R&D system websites.

Was a good find.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

The army use the revision sawfly, marines use ess crossbow/ess ice and sf use oakley m frame, ess profile and sometimes bolle x800. The approved thing is a list of eyepro allowed for use, not what is issued mate

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shinotama Human, Mil-Sim Airsofter Find out more about Shinotama
            Working...
            X