Msa sordin - intek mt5050?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msa sordin - intek mt5050?

Hello people, I was wondering if anyone out there has managed to find a pair of MSA Sordin's that work with the ICOM two pin fitting of a INTEK MT5050? I have tried a cheap pair from asia off a friend but they didn't work, currently I am using a Devgru set up but I really would like a pair of MSA SORDIN's.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Re: Msa sordin - intek mt5050?

Either that or a pair of peltor comtac.

Forgot to say that.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Z1 does not sell real PTT's, so you have to get one from an actual communication provider. Talkingheadsets(.co.uk) will make you a PTT to fit your radio. Hope it ok to post the link to them:

http://www.talkingheadsets.co.uk/pre...k_switches.php

Comment

As above really, talking headsets, the PTT for sordins and comtacs is quite expensive.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

As long as I could get a pair that would allow me to use any type of connector by changing it etc at one point like the 'devgru' system allows you to change the connector, I am good for a good price, I know they are pricey but I still want to cost up my options, thanks for the link, anymore help would be awesome =)

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Originally posted by EagleDriver View Post
            Z1 does not sell real PTT's, so you have to get one from an actual communication provider. Talkingheadsets(.co.uk) will make you a PTT to fit your radio. Hope it ok to post the link to them:

http://www.talkingheadsets.co.uk/pre...k_switches.php
            Found the ones I would want:
            MSA CC Supreme Pro IV ELECTRET-Mic
            http://www.talkingheadsets.co.uk/pro...p?prod=N-75328

But I would need a PTT:
            The Nexus PTT2000
            http://www.talkingheadsets.co.uk/pro...php?prod=PTT20

As far as I can fathom the port on the INTEK MT5050 is a ICOM Staight Pin (S1 Plug Icom Maxon Straight Plug)

..Hmm.. All alot of money I know but I would be a happy bee if I could get 100% confirmation that they work lol..

I can't seem to find many of the peltor-comtac's either.

---
            Additionally - I do apologize about external links but I know Z1 don't sell them and I have purchased BOTH my devgru's from them =) heh.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Get the right connection and the PTT will work, Ive had mine for 4 years and no issues at all.
              If you get stuck speak to the talking headsets lot, they are a really helpful bunch.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

### UPDATE ####

Good news, I phoned them today and they really are very helpful, they offered to make me a PTT that will fit but can't guarantee it would work so I did suggest sending my radio to him to get it to work and he was happy to do that too.

So in the future when I get the money together and loose some more self restraint I shall be sending my radio to them and get myself a Sordin Supreme CC headset.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shinotama Human, Mil-Sim Airsofter Find out more about Shinotama
                Working...
                X