Changing M16/M4 receivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing M16/M4 receivers?

How difficult would you say it is to replace M4/M16 receivers? Also does anyone know any good tutorials or videos on how to do it?
    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
    Check out my other sales!

Re: Changing M16/M4 receivers?

Easy peasy... Release the 2nd body pin, unscrew the stock tube, remove the small body pin above trigger, remove magazine catch and remove the pistol grip and motor. Of course you'll need to undo the delta ring or whatever for your front end too...

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
      Easy peasy... Release the 2nd body pin, unscrew the stock tube, remove the small body pin above trigger, remove magazine catch and remove the pistol grip and motor. Of course you'll need to undo the delta ring or whatever for your front end too...
      Thanks, I thought it seemed pretty straight forward but a mate of mine made out it was really difficult, but I guess we all have different perceptions of what is difficult.
      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
      Check out my other sales!

Comment

Just do it.. that's how I learnt... take it slow and you'll be fine! It's pretty self explanatory to be honest!

Comment

How do you remove the magazine catch?
          I'm Magic... can't remember why. I just am.

Comment

Depends how its made....

Comment

Originally posted by FunkycHUNKY View Post
              Depends how its made....
              If I said it was on a Classic Army Sportline M15, would that help?
              I'm Magic... can't remember why. I just am.

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post
                Thanks, I thought it seemed pretty straight forward but a mate of mine made out it was really difficult, but I guess we all have different perceptions of what is difficult.
                It can be more difficult. For example, if the gun has a working bolt catch, like my APS M4, you need to drive out the hinge pin enough to remove the catch or you'll never get the GB out.
                And the "undo the delta ring" part can be very difficult if you don't have the right tools.

Comment

It's normally pretty easy, but bear in mind if you but a new receiver some assembly may be required *glares at G&P receiver with jammed roll pin for forward assist*.

Comment

Originally posted by Decho View Post
                    It's normally pretty easy, but bear in mind if you but a new receiver some assembly may be required *glares at G&P receiver with jammed roll pin for forward assist*.
                    You too, huh?

Also, you might need a new selector. You might need to damage the old receiver to get the one it has out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kensai Find out more about Kensai
                    Working...
                    X