Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner Barrels

Hi all,

I am currently looking around for a new inner barrel for an hk51. As standard, it comes with a 369mm barrel, apparently tightbore but I don't really believe it... In addition to this, there is about 70mm spare room in the barrel to play with.

What I am wondering is are all barrels the same, "hop-up end"-wise? Could I take a ~400mm (407 I think?) barrel from an m4a1 and slip the hop-up over onto it? Or do many of the barrels have fiddly gun specific extras on them?

All I'm really after is a ~6.03 tightbore barrel with a bit of extra length just to make this gun that but more usable, as it's a shame to waste the extra space.

P.S.: yes I know the extra 6cm will basically make bugger all difference, but point is I have the chance to change the barrel, may as well go for the longest I can, because I can :P

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Cheers, Nikolay
    aka Bachelarius

Re: Inner Barrels

for a half decent barrel cheap, id buy a madbull black python V2..... and get a 400mm one...

Comment

yes is the answer to your hop up and the barrel that i would recomend is the TK twist about the only one that will signefiently improver your acuracy (just a tiny bit more expensive than the madbull)
      Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

Not all barrels are the same! The TM M14 is different as well as most bolt action guns, Tanaka, VSR etc also the new GBB rifles also have a different Hop end. As long as what you buy is meant for an AEG you will be fine, keep in mind that some Hop Rubbers don't fit all barrels as well as stock. It is one of the few things in airsoft where you really do get what you pay for.

Also the BB you put through it may/will effect your gun also. Some barrels dislike some ammo, sounds odd but it's true!

Comment

Problem is that my gun is about to be at 340-350fps (got an m95 and an m105 recently, just about to install them), and these barrels work best at sub 330 speeds, some say even sub 300... though no one listens to them :P And there does not seem to be a 400ish fps mad bull :/ only 360 & 4something or other... so few barrel lengths in between those 2, it's a shame.
          Last edited by Bachelarius; 14 October, 2009, 18:37.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bachelarius Find out more about Bachelarius
          Working...
          X