Help Me Make a Great Woodland Skirmish Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Make a Great Woodland Skirmish Gun

I'm considering getting an M16 and upgrading it to the max. As upgrades go I usually don't do anything beyond a change of spring and a tightbore but I want to do the full works on this project.

The AEG I will be getting is a G&P M16A1. I want a hop up and inner barrel that will give me great range and accuracy, I want shims and gears that will last a long time and take a lot of abuse and possibly a new motor. Rate of fire is not as important as I tend to use semi-auto most of the time. However I'm open to any suggestions to improve rate of fire. What I want is your opinions and suggestions for brands and models of internal components that are the best in your experience. I'm rather new to upgrading guns and I'm not that knowledgeable about what are the best internals to get (I've been using madbull tighbores mostly for previous upgrades).

I'd really appreciate any help and suggestions from you guys.

Thanks

EDIT: Just thought this might have been better in the Technical Help section. Its your call admins.
    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
    Check out my other sales!

Re: Help Me Make a Great Woodland Skirmish Gun

in terms of hop unit i use a madbull 3in1 unit with a madbull tb barrel which i find to be a good set up also throw in a madbull shark hop rubber as well
    motor i been told and now use SHS high torque motors as they are cheap and brill

Hope that helps a bit

Comment

Well a prometheus barrel is gonna be the best, but madbull arent bad by any means.
      Thinking of semi auto only? Check your sites if you can go up to 450fps.
      Im gonna say go for SHS OR Element in the GB, but in terms of THE best parts, i dont know really mate.
      Also a New motor wont go amiss, cant remember the name of the magnets though.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        Thinking of semi auto only? Check your sites if you can go up to 450fps.
        Nah I still want this to be an AEG, its just ROF isn't a priority (as opposed to range, accuracy and reliability).
        For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
        Check out my other sales!

Comment

I´ll second the SHS high torque motors and their gearsets and shims seem good news to. I´ve got a 13:1 high speed set in one of my guns and thus far its given me no grief. The shims are good because they are very thin and there are loads of in the pack so you can get a very accurate fit.

Comment

Are you planning on buying the M16 new and then spending more money on it to upgrade? If that is the case, why not just buy a TM Sopmod M4. The end price will probably be about the same but you will have a great gun out of the box instead of buying upgrades and spending a lot of time and ball-ache.

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
              Are you planning on buying the M16 new and then spending more money on it to upgrade? If that is the case, why not just buy a TM Sopmod M4. The end price will probably be about the same but you will have a great gun out of the box instead of buying upgrades and spending a lot of time and ball-ache.
              ^ I agree. Save up for a TM REECE rifle or something recoily :3

Comment

The other option is to buy a second hand gun off here and fix it up a little. I bought a second hand ICS M16A3 for £180, spent about £120 on it which included a full spray paint to get it looking brand new again. I replaced the inner barrel and hop rubber, bit of gearbox shimming and new wire loom and its now perfect for woodland. I think the ICS M16 is about £320 new so in total it came in just under that, looks brand new (although its now Sand coloured) and fires further and more accuratly than it ever did. Just need to get out and use it now.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kensai Find out more about Kensai
                Working...
                X