Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Closed bolt?

Hi,

Im going to be purchasing myself a WE gas rifle. Ive noticed that some of them are "closed bolts", and some are "open bolts". Whats the difference? Im under the impression that open bolts are newer, but is there any different in performance, quality, compatibility, mag availability etc?

Re: WE Closed bolt?

The closed bolt rifles have in a metal tube running through the bolt that is visible while firing or working the charging handle . The open bolt system has this tube removed making it look much better and more realistic . The open bolt system does increase the performance quite a lot as it doesn't suffer from "the cool down effect" as badly with gas mags . I've held and fired most of the open bolt range and I can say they are very high quality . My thoughts were on them .

L85 : The 85 was well built , sturdy , very close weight to the real steel . Had a good strong blowback , but was very loud , after shooting a mag out of it you ears start to ring ( this was in an eclosed space , outside is probably not as bad)

M16VN: Very very nice , I've always liked the m16a1 and this was awesome , sturdy , high qaulity metals and polymers and quite light weight like the real steel . Recoil was very strong and crisp , enough to definatly make trying to hit charlie more difficult but enjoyable .

Scar: Very very nice liked it a lot , fired well , sounded great , nice recoil . Again very well built not much more I can say

M14 : Again very nice , screamed qaulity , great recoil , nice weight , just felt powerful

Hope that helps , as long as you clean , lubricate and take care of any of the guns I mentioned they would serve you very well

( I did not get the chance to see the G39(g36) but I have heard that they are very good)

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Re: WE Closed bolt?

Thanks bud, really in depth there. Looks like Ill be getting an open bolt then!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
      Working...
      X