Deans to tamiya - Need help urgently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deans to tamiya - Need help urgently

Hi i have just bought an m4 which is deans wired, I currently have two crane stock batteries which are both tamiya connecters, as is the charger. I don't have the money to buy new batteries, so i just wondered if i get some of the adapters does it majorly affect gun performance to have one between the battery and the gun?
    "God is only airborne, because he failed the commando course"

Armoury - M4, M3 shorty, Mac11, M9
    Ex Armoury - MP5A4, G18c

Re: Deans to tamiya - Need help urgently

far as i know mate you can just cut and change the deans plug for a tamiya, or change the battery terminals to deans (which ever you want) think tests prove deans has less resistance than tamiya, (please dont quote me on that) but it wouldnt hurt if you had conversion leads, just easier to modify a plug end of the day

Comment

just get a connector made up from a shop that sell batteries and components, it will cost under £4 i think, just make sure you know which end of the converter you want what on so it should be female deans to male mini/large (depending on your battery connections) tamiya connection. That way you can you dont have to re wire anything, however its best to re wire your battery to deans.
      AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

you could do that, the performance will drop a bit and tamiyas are usually gotten rid of more because they are unreliable and fragile rather than the miniscule rps gain that you get from it. I'd personally buy a load of female deans and rewire the batts, but yeah, buy (or make) the adapter if you really don't want to. You would be after a female deans to male tamiya.

Comment

Totally agree with the above. Don't waste your time with making an adaptor as Tami connections are horrific! Changing it all over to Dean's is your best bet.
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Downrange Find out more about Downrange
          Working...
          X