Deans connectors ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deans connectors ????

Are deans connectors much better than tamya connectors. What performance increases do deans give?? Cheers
    sigpic

Re: Deans connectors ????

Basically, there is more contact area between the two connectors (gun and battery) and so it means less resistance thus more current is able to flow through, consequently a slight increase in rof. They aren't really necessary with an 8.4v battery, but if your using batteries with a high discharge rate ie, 20C+ lipo batteris or 10.8v nimh batteries it will benefit you as connectors will not heat up so much and the motor can pull more current from the battery.

Comment

laurence is correct, but for me one of the biggest advantages is that they don't come apart by accident. Some people don't like Deans as they take a little work to seperate, but to me that's their biggest plus point.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
        laurence is correct, but for me one of the biggest advantages is that they don't come apart by accident. Some people don't like Deans as they take a little work to seperate, but to me that's their biggest plus point.
        Agreed having deans also gives you an excuse not to let people use your batteries...

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
          Agreed having deans also gives you an excuse not to let people use your batteries...
          XT60's for the win on that Nylon bodies too for better heat resistance during soldering.
          IIRC proper deans are nylon but copies are usually plastic. Either are good, deans are the more common type to upgrade to.

Comment

Originally posted by Skolob View Post
            XT60's for the win on that Nylon bodies too for better heat resistance during soldering.
            IIRC proper deans are nylon but copies are usually plastic. Either are good, deans are the more common type to upgrade to.
            Just a tip I got from another user. When you solder them, push the two parts together so the pins don't become distorted as the plastic/nylon heats up. After messing up a couple of connectors to begin with, doing it this way has worked perfectly even though I've got the soldering skills of a chimp.
            sigpic

Comment

I use Dean's on all my AEG's and they walk all over Tami connections - I would definitely recommend upgrading to them. As laurence said above, you'll get a slight increase in ROF due to the better contacts. My DMR runs on an 11.1v 1600 20c with Dean and it handles that without any problems at all.
              sigpic

Comment

My gun went from an RPM of 1220RPM to 1365RPM just by swapping to deans connectors, and that was on the same batteries I always used.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JCSsharpshooter Love anything that gets the adrenaline going. Fishing motorcross and airsoft are what I live for :D Find out more about JCSsharpshooter
                Working...
                X