X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio that is compatible with Bowman + PTT

Hi,

I'm not too familiar with radios so I need some advice;

I'm looking for a cheap radio (about £30 or so) that would be compatible with a Bowman headset and a PTT.
    I know there are different kinds of PTT's with different connectors, so perhaps you can recommend a particular one to go with a particular radio.
    I'm don't need something super-powerful...I mean...100 meter range would be more than enough! And ideally it should look half decent too...so not one of those multicoloured things.

Thanks!
    sigpic

Re: Radio that is compatible with Bowman + PTT

You want an ordinary PMR radio for that price range. They typically have a (declared) range of 5 KM, which is more than enough for pretty much any airsoft site.

I use Motorola XTRs and "Rocktrail" radios I bought from Lidl. Both work fantastically, and are compatible with my Vanaras Bowman headset and Emerson U94 PTT with Motorola single pin jack.

Comment

if its a real prr, it won't be compatible with any civvy radio... well, saying that, 14 int corp listened into our prr radio chatter on salsbury plain, apparenly with "off the shelf" radios... personally, I think they had our frequencies...

http://www.prc68.com/I/Bowman.shtml

Comment

Get a puxing777 from ebay, £35, the use kenwood connectors, so any of ACM or cavalvy headsets and PTT's will work, rock solid radios!

Comment

ignore me, I got side tracked, reading your post, and thought you wanted to talk to your mates that had real prr's... tired, need sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
            Get a puxing777 from ebay, £35, the use kenwood connectors, so any of ACM or cavalvy headsets and PTT's will work, rock solid radios!
            Puxing 777s have illegally high power output for use in the PMR446 band. The data I've seen say they have an output power of 4 Watts. The LEGAL LIMIT on the PMR446 frequencies is 0.5 Watts.
            They're not meant for that kind of use anyway. They're meant for licenced use.

Comment

Not to mention the reviews don't exactly paint a picture of reliability and audio clarity.

Comment

Try the motorola GP-68 they come in different bands so make sure you get the 430-470mHz version but I've been told they work on PRR frequencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Actual View Post
                  Try the motorola GP-68 they come in different bands so make sure you get the 430-470mHz version but I've been told they work on PRR frequencies.
                  But he'll probably want them on PMR446 frequencies, unless he has a licence...

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                    Puxing 777s have illegally high power output for use in the PMR446 band. The data I've seen say they have an output power of 4 Watts. The LEGAL LIMIT on the PMR446 frequencies is 0.5 Watts.
                    They're not meant for that kind of use anyway. They're meant for licenced use.
                    he's got £30 to spend, what do you expect an iCom!?!

Comment

I'd expect him to get a radio that's legal to use for the purpose he intends...
                      If he uses a radio illegally, it could cost him a lot more than £30!

And you could be effectively encouraging him to break the law on a public forum.

Comment

best bet mate is a motorola gp68

Owner of DCS
                        (Doom custom shooters)
                        PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Originally posted by Doombull3t View Post
                          best bet mate is a motorola gp68
                          NO it's not. Min power output on those is 1 Watt - again, illegal on the PMR446 band...

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!
                            @bobtuskins that's great, really concise and clear. I'm liking the sound of the Motorola XTR's.

But I also saw some Binatone Action 950's. Does anyone have any experience with those? (i.e quality and what kind of PTT connector they take)
                            sigpic

Comment

I got a devgru headset and icom radio off here for £35, with a motorola XTM thrown in free :3.

Its possible!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                              Working...
                              X