7.4 or 11.1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7.4 or 11.1 ?

Ok I will get 7.4s for now, maybe go to 11.1 if I upgrade the box in the future.
    Thanks for your help

Comment

http://flyboyz.co.za/index.php/produ...ory_pathway-10

Comment

Interesting but I am not sure they would be any good for an aeg, might be worth looking into though. Thanks for your help.

regards john

Comment

The G&P will come with the G&P M120 high speed motor.

Using a stock G&P with a 11.1v lipo is a bad idea. The axles are a bit weak in these guns and at UK site friendly limits the gun does not have a strong enough spring to slow the motor down a bit. Of course if you are using semi then it will be fine but your trigger contacts will wear out very quickly.

Combining an 11.1v battery and a high speed motor is asking for big trouble. It is certainly doable but you have to have the gun set up to handle this. Out of the box, the gun is simply not configured for this kind of scenario for any decent length of time.

I have a G&G M4 using the same G&P M120 motor on a crane stock 15c 2000mah 7.4v lipo and I am getting 20-21 rps and slight feeding issues with hicaps. If you ran an 11.1v I would expect around 28rps, perhaps even 30+ if the battery had a higher discharge. This would be fun, while it lasted.

Comment

Hi folks , I would just like to say thanks to everybody for all your advice, I am going to go 7.4 and have some fun and maybe one day when I have got abit more experience I will go down the upgrade root.

thanks again john

Comment

nothing really to add, just another person saying stick to what dollar has said I play with him and he never has problems with his guns! 7.4V lipo are the same as a 9.6V Nimh, with lipos try and get a bigger C rating like 20C. 1200mAh is pretty much all you need you can go for a higher mAh but not really worth it tbh, unless your looking at upgrading you gears and bearing etc, stay away from 11.1V. I only use them as the Systema can handle them with ease

Comment

Originally posted by Planemo View Post
                Don't forget that a battery will only deliver what the motor is able take from it. Putting an 11.1v on a £2 crappy motor will probably not make it spin much quicker or harder than a 7.2v nimh. Using the same battery scenario on say an SHS Ultra Torque however would make a massive difference. I'm not sure what the motor specs are like in the MP7 you refer to.
                No the crappy motor may not spin faster but it may catch fire!

Don't forget Ohms law,
                If you increase the voltage by 50% (2cells to 3 cells) then current pulled by your motor will increase by 50% if your cells can deliver it (and most LiPos can) .
                This will Double the power consumed by your AEG (thats 100% more)
                Battery life will be halved
                Heat buildup in the motor , wiring and switch will double.
                Gearbox and piston are subjected to twice the forces.

Lipos are great but they aren't magic. A 8.4V 5000mAh NiMH pack will spin a motor faster than a 7.4v 1000mAh LiPo.

However ALL airsoft size 7.4v LiPos are MUCH better than a 8.4V mini NiMh

Comment

I run an FlyPo 11.1v 30C 1800mah Li-Po in my P90 with the following upgrades -

14AWG Wireing
                  Deans
                  King Arms High Torque Motor
                  Mosfet

Currently runs at 38rps with a a trigger response of a GBBR.

When I install my 7.4v 25C 2200mah Li-Po I get about 27rps and a lesser trigger reponse though still pretty snappy.

Id also say stay well away from Hot-Power Li-Pos had 2 one caught fire and the other wires broke in peices

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

john d Find out more about john d
                  Working...
                  X