Advice on Slings for a shotgun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Slings for a shotgun?

I'm assuming this has been said hundreds of times, but i'm clueless & I can't find any thread about it!
    Basically I got the Franchi SAS 12(Stocked Version), great shotgun love it to bits & for the price a great buy! (But this isn't a review is it :D )

It comes with a sling, but i'm confused on how to attach it to the gun since I'm usually used to the simple clip on one you get for rifles. If pictures are needed to explain i'll willingly upload a few, any help will be appreciated!

Thanks, Adam (Hope you all had a lovely Christmas as well, since I haven't been on here in a while!)

Re: Advice on Slings for a shotgun?

If it's a 2 point then it's really a waste of time for anything other than chucking it over your shoulder when you're not using it. You can't pull it tight around your front hand for support (as you would with a rifle) as you still need enough movement to rack the pump.

I've got a 3 point sling on mine, with the rear clip attached to a strap around the narrow point just above and behind the pistol grip. Much easier to use, plus you can use a regular 3 point to carry it on your back like a backpack over both shoulders.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
      If it's a 2 point then it's really a waste of time for anything other than chucking it over your shoulder when you're not using it. You can't pull it tight around your front hand for support (as you would with a rifle) as you still need enough movement to rack the pump.

I've got a 3 point sling on mine, with the rear clip attached to a strap around the narrow point just above and behind the pistol grip. Much easier to use, plus you can use a regular 3 point to carry it on your back like a backpack over both shoulders.
      Yeah it is a 2-Point sling, I'd love it to go over my shoulder as well, it is a huge gun and to carry around with you all day gets a bit aggravating, but I'll look into getting a three point sling at a later date :D

Comment

Stuff the sling. get a molle scabbard and holster it on your back. That's what I do :-D
        Honor before Victory

Comment

I have same gun . The sling that came with it is really crap !wouldnt trust it not to break /come loose . I brought the blackhawk shotgun sling 2 point for it and it's brilliant . Has loops on it for 13 cartridges and is v v strong . Dosnt get in the way at all when cocking or firing
          Loops under the stock so you can still use the 4 shell loops on the stock as well

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AdamTBH Find out more about AdamTBH
          Working...
          X