FPS guide of some sort, ( fps drop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS guide of some sort, ( fps drop)

hey so just a quick question if im shooting at around 440 fps with 0.20's what would it be if i was using 0.30's?
    might be a silly question, just need some sort of idea would google it but not sure how i would put that into a google question.. erm.. yeah that lol

thanks guys and girls.

Re: FPS guide of some sort, ( fps drop)

too hot for a sites chrono?

Comment

cant get to a site to use a chrono thats the problem lol

Comment

Can't use heavy weight bbs to lower fps any way

So if it's 440 it needs downgrading to suitable site fps
        if weve had dealings in the past bought /sold/trade and weve not done feedback let me know .......

Comment

single shot sniper will be fine but if its a normal AEG then its WAYYYY too hot tbh

deff needs a downgrade either way

Comment

You have to use .2s when you chrono. If its over you ain't using it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are firing at 440fps using .2's you're firing at approx 1.8 Joules. If you use .3's using the same spring you'll still be firing at 1.8 Joules (approx 360fps).

If you are trying to get past a site chrono then you are cheating.

Comment

Only way round it is to use bolt action at that fps i think. Even locked off to single shot that would only allow 400fps. Downgrade spring time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow that was a lot of responses with only one helpful answer, whether the OP is over the site limits was never the question.

You can download a FPS calculator here: http://hootsoftware.com/FPSCalc.zip
                  WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Originally posted by 181jenkins View Post
                    hey so just a quick question if im shooting at around 440 fps with 0.20's what would it be if i was using 0.30's?
                    might be a silly question, just need some sort of idea would google it but not sure how i would put that into a google question...
                    If 440 with a 0.2 is below your site limit for the class of gun, then why is the velocity with 0.30s relevant?
                    As to google: Try searching for "Muzzle Energy".

You'll need to convert the fps to metres per second, and use the BB mass in kg to make the calculations easier.

Ek = 0.5mv^2

Ek is in Joules, m is the mass in kg, v is velocity in m/s

Ek = 0.5 x 0.0002 x 134.112^2 = 1.7986 Joules

Using substitution, you can work out v using Ek and m.

v= sqrt ( Ek / (0.5 x m) )

So, for a 0.3g BB:
                    v= sqrt ( 1.7986 / (0.5 x 0.0003) ) = 109.5 m/s = 359.25 fps

Originally posted by Kingluke23 View Post
                    Only way round it is to use bolt action at that fps i think. Even locked off to single shot that would only allow 400fps.
                    That, of course assumes a site semi-auto limit of 400 fps.

Comment

I love this forum so much. Everyone jumping on his back thinking he's cheating LMAO. Maybe he's just interested to know. If he trying to downgrade his gun by putting heavier bb's in its not like he's going to get away with it, is it?. Its exactly the same with people asking about buying guns. People automatically assume they are trying to do something naughty and start getting shirty about it. These newbies are the future of the sport guys so next time one posts why not try to put something useful. Try to be less hostile with new people and obne day you might be playing next to him.

I would say without using any dodgy internet calculater or trying to make out i'm smarter than I look. I would say it would be about 380-390FPS on .3's.

Comment

No one has even asked if its a sniper rifle...

Comment

My cqb is around 350 on .2s
                          .23s is 330 ish
                          .25s around 300 may be 310

So by that awesome bit of maths and my powers of deduction I would recon you would drop by about 80fps
                          But you gain stability

Lastchancers.co.uk
                          Lastchancers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by beverage View Post
                            I would say without using any dodgy internet calculater or trying to make out i'm smarter than I look. I would say it would be about 380-390FPS on .3's.
                            Not sure if I should be insulted at being called a smart-arse, or insulted at being ignored. Or both.

I already posted the mathematical formulae and answers, and they weren't from "any dodgy internet calculator".

Comment

ok thanks guys, and yeah its a sniper,
                              thanks for the input, so its shooting at around 360fps.. :S bit low i think lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

181jenkins Find out more about 181jenkins
                              Working...
                              X