Problems with the TM Spas-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the TM Spas-12

So today I recieved my metal folding stock after years of searching for one! then...the pump is extremely hard to pull back, i managed to finally pump it back and cock the gun (No shell loaded or BB's inside), then fire, everything seems to be working, i try cocking it again and it is still rather stiff, so i decide to keep pumping and firing the gun as I would if i were firing rounds though without shells in,though come the 4th shot the pump will no longer move from the forward position, I try to pull it back and it just will not budge, and has no give what so ever.

This is the second Tokyo Marui Tri-shot that has broken for me, Ive only used my SPAS-12 about 3 times, anyone shed any light as whats wrong with it?
    sigpic

Re: Problems with the TM Spas-12

The fact it got progressively harder to pump sound like something is caught or getting chewed up inside... Donlt pimp it anymore, lest you cause more damage, and venture within to see if anything is out of place... Unfortunately, the TM Tri-Shot stuff really doesn't like being dismantled.

Comment

The only problem in taking it apart is that due to the pump being locked forward, I cant get at the screws which hold the heat shield and pump in place,I took as much apart as I could and couldnt see any problems on the firing mechanism, so its more than likely more into the front end of the gun which is where things get expensive >:/
      sigpic

Comment

dont pump things withput making sure its safe to do so

Comment

I have recently just dismantled and reassembled 2 TM Spas12's. Your shotgun's pumping arms may have slipped out of place!

They aren't too hard to disassemble! Here's a great guide for the first part: https://sites.google.com/site/kenwor...12-disassembly
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
            I have recently just dismantled and reassembled 2 TM Spas12's. Your shotgun's pumping arms may have slipped out of place!

They aren't too hard to disassemble! Here's a great guide for the first part: https://sites.google.com/site/kenwor...12-disassembly
            I tried to do this earlier and the pump wont shift at all, even with all those pesky screws taken out and with the other bits stripped down, figures it'd be the pump :/
            sigpic

Comment

Do you mean sliding the Pump grip off the heatshield?

It is rather stiff, and you're fearful of breaking it, but it is designed to come off.

NB. It slides off DOWNWARDS... incase you didn't know.
              Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 18 January, 2012, 18:46.
              sigpic

Comment

if in doubt send it to zero one to repair. might be one of those times when it is better to pay someone to fix it, rather than breaking it
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
                  Do you mean sliding the Pump grip off the heatshield?

It is rather stiff, and you're fearful of breaking it, but it is designed to come off.

NB. It slides off DOWNWARDS... incase you didn't know.
                  The grip is now seperate from the heat shield, the pump still wont move even with the grip off, I think something is either blocking it, the heatshield is also off, and its now clear the problem is inside the main body of the gun not the barrel...FUUUUUU-
                  sigpic

Comment

It's not hard.

Take a deep breath and go through, step by step, leaving your screws in the order you took them out, and take pictures.

Or send it to me! xD
                    sigpic

Comment

Im going to leave it alone till next sunday, ill take it down to my local site and see if they can fix her up for me , Now she has that frilly folding skirt on
                      sigpic

Comment

if all is not saveable buy the asg one for 50 quid and tit the stock to that one..

Comment

I can't get the heatshield off
                          I think war might be God's way of teaching us geography. ~Paul Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by hippy View Post
                            I can't get the heatshield off
                            Well your not meant to be able to take it off, but with a bit of persuasion you can get it off, just angle it upwards and it should slide off.
                            sigpic

Comment

trouble with the spaz guns is that every one half cocks them which feeds the bbs in and then cocks them again which feeds more bbs in and jams them up if you havnt fired them. and if you are one of the unlucky ones it knackers them

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Havok Reaver Find out more about Havok Reaver
                              Working...
                              X