how strong is a spring shotgun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how strong is a spring shotgun?

ok so i've been thinking about getting my son a spring shotgun- something like a TM spas 12 - and was wondering whether this would be too hard for him to cock. what suitable test could i do to simulate this? he is 14 and around 10 stone, if that helps.
    CURRENTLY SELLING ALL AIRSOFT GEAR IN THE NEXT MONTH

Re: how strong is a spring shotgun?

He really shouldnt have a problem. Ive had a 420fps one and that was pretty easy to cock even at a younger age than that (when it was bb guns to me, not airsoft.)
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

the tm shotties can be a bit of an armful to both cock and fire, with the spas perhaps being the most unwieldy. getting into a prolonged fire-fight with a tm shotgun is certainly a good workout, with most ppl giving up after 4 or 5 shells worth of shooting (40-50 pumps)

however they are well regarded as skirmish worthy weapons and rightly so, if you're big enuf to use it effectively and/or you accept the guns limitations (range and rof) and use it accordingly

you wont know till he tries one, so my advice would be to ask someone at a skirmish if you can have a quick go.

or perhaps look at buying one of the chinese clones, same size and cocking effort as the tm equivalent but a lot less $$ invested if your son decides he's not going to use it much.

of the tm shotties i always found the full stocked benelli the easiest to cock as you can put the stock into your shoulder, pull against that to cock the gun and blast away quite quickly. you can fire the stockless tm shotties as fast but not as accurately, the cocking effort of the shorter guns means coming off target unless you're built like arnie
      Last edited by hotelkilo; 19 January, 2012, 15:59.

Comment

Defo the asg range of tri shots .half the price of tm and just as usable and you won't be as pissed if it does get double cocked and broken

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sir killaIot Find out more about sir killaIot
        Working...
        X