Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ump & p90

Hi all,

I'm asking on behalf of two friends about these two guns.

I know the UMPs are made almost exclusively by G&G and Ares but I wanted to wandered what the performance of the two are like? Are they a stupid buy or are either of them really good quality.

Same question for the P90 really, what's the best make? Are they a good choice etc.

Any help would be much appreciated even if it's a point in the right direction with a little moan about not using google etc.

Cheers all,
    George

Re: Ump & p90

the G&G ump is great. I was told to be marksman when i used it last. I have owned a CA sportline p90 needless to say it wasn't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Collector View Post
      Hi all,

I'm asking on behalf of two friends about these two guns.

I know the UMPs are made almost exclusively by G&G and Ares but I wanted to wandered what the performance of the two are like? Are they a stupid buy or are either of them really good quality.

Same question for the P90 really, what's the best make? Are they a good choice etc.

Any help would be much appreciated even if it's a point in the right direction with a little moan about not using google etc.

Cheers all,
      George
      BAMF once told me ares have better exterior

Comment

Well if it's any worth, I once owned a Double Eagle UMP. Never failed me in my life, sold it to a mate years back- still uses it, still works. Good range and accuracy... does the job, at a good price!

If you notice on the forum, there was some crazy dude selling his TM P90 for £100... with a lot of accessories... only a day or so ago. Worth a punt if you can't make your mind up, unless you exclusively want to buy new.

Just my £0.02.
        sigpic

Comment

the g&g ump is much better than the ares version which misfeads and has selector problems because it uses the g36 internals . also the silencer for the g&g is quick release and actualy works and the new models have v3 internals . i have brought one and it is an awsome cqb weapon and v accurate .i also got a 2yr warranty with it as it is classified as part of their top tech range now.as for the p90 has to be tm all day

Comment

I had the Ares one and it was a very good AEG - the externals were solid but looked much more toy-esque compared to the G&G. I did have an issue with the selector cog on the right hand side of the rifle snapping, but I stripped it down and removed the cog and selector switch and never had any issues since - this would only be a problem for a left handed shooter.

G&G definitely gets my vote because it looks better, but the Ares one is a solid, dependable AEG - never had any feed issues with it.

Out of the your choices I would suggest to go for either the G&G UMP or the Tokyo Marui P90. Out of those the G&G UMP gets my vote as P90 high caps are shit and constantly unwind, and the low caps are both hard to find and only hold about 65 rounds IIRC.

Though if you have the time to kill, wait until the summer and get the Magpul PDR as it looks very cool and is fits the role of a "sub-assault rifle" very well.
            Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

hey
              I have a CA p90 ... I LOVE IT ... I imagine that the standard ones are kinda rubbish though, so I would upgrade it if I were you.
              I brought an echo1 metal front end, and the predator (nitro) RIS too. Also fitted a tight bore barrel and had it short stroked and swiss cheesed to give it 25rps and 350fps. So I really really recommend them.
              As for the build of the CA P90 it's not so bad, i think they all have trouble staying in semi auto, my semi didn't work, which is a pain at 25rps I can't be nice to people and shoot them once lol. As I say as far as I'm aware that is an issue across the board.
              obviously the well p90's are pants, and have a plastic gearbox and a gravity fed mag ... which is disgusting. LOL

As for UMP's ... I don't know but would LOVE one!

hope this helps

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Used my new G&G UMP today one word. Awesome!!
                Pay with pain!!

Comment

Have just changed my battery on my g&g ump from 7.4 lipo to an 11.1 and use a plug and play burst wizard MOSFET the trigger response is now amazing ,as is the rate of fire when I use burst on this gun . Solves all the single shot lock up problems as it now cycles fully on every shot . Still one oft favourite guns especially with the silencer fitted , makes my g36s obsolete (nearly)

Comment

The tm p90 is the only p90 to get, I have had 2', one for cqb and one for outdoors with a silencer and the nitro ris kit. I agree the hi caps are crap but if you are not a purist you can get a cheap box mag that works flawlessly and holds 1800 bbs

Also I have never had any problems with single fire or the selecter on either of mine, must just be a classic army p90 issue
                    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Agreed with beef. I have had CA P90s, ACM P90s and TM P90s.. But all of them was just a disappointment apart from the TM one which I loved.

Comment

haven't really read much of the above so i might be repeating someone. I got me a G&G ump & by the game a fortnight later 2 other team mates had got one. impeccable range, comfortable to use, great G&G internals, only thing it doesn't have is accurate trades.

have a gander at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Kvh...tmDdPblTFhBMI=
                        'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Well I have both a G&G UMP and a CA P90. The P90 is the sportline model that I have upgraded heavily. I love them both. My P90 is fitted with a tight bore barrel and does give very good range, as said the mags can be a bit of a bugger, but I find the 70 round low caps excellent. The Ump is easiest to handle but I love the feel of the P90 so I find I use that more. I think that neither would disappoint you.

Comment

The H&K UMP was designed to be a cheaper alternative to their MP5
                            So if you get on with MP5s, handeling a UMP will suit you.

Now, I own a TM P90 TR. Now I find it amazing in CQC, but it does need to be used properly.
                            Use real caps on a P90, because as said before high caps are rubbish
                            (high caps are rubbish full stop)

Just a bit of extra info
                            Originally posted by Tiercel
                            The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Yeah, high caps are a miserable failure.
                              The manual-winding box mags are good for carrying a lot of ammo without carrying lots of awkwardly sized mags, but they look a bit weird, and some people don't like them, and some sites won't let you use them.
                              UCAP normally says no to box mags, but I quote: "Anyone daft enough to use a 90 is allowed to use whatever mag they like lol"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Collector Find out more about The Collector
                              Working...
                              X