lightweight boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lightweight boots

hi, im currently looking to get some new lightweight leather boots and i would like some opinions before i buy rather than just rushing in and regretting my choice, thanks for reading this

Re: lightweight boots

Budget?
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

why leather?, i have desert lowa's, and i cant rate them highly enough, really comfy, and if your lucky, they can be picked up fairly cheaply.

Comment

<100

Comment

oakley 6" SI assault boots

there boots but wear like a pair of trainers
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Parky
          Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

because my cqb gear is a mix of black and dpm, and i think black boots looks better with it

Comment

Magnum Cens (or Chens, I cant remember).
              Had mine for 4 years, seen everything.
              Mine were issued however they are only about 40 quid to buy, they are leather with canvas/cordura sides. Feel like a pair of trainers.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

If you can find some Adidas GSG9's although there is a clone of the first version of the GS about, cannot recall who makes them though, sorry!
                Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

I Currently have a pair of Blackhawk Black Ops and Blackhawk Desert Ops boots... Both are absolutely amazing. Cant fault them at all! Very light weight!

Comment

Magnum spider elite urban`s

They do them in 8.1 or 5.1 hight`s last time I checked they were the lightest decent combat boots around and they are under £100 sure there`s plenty of places selling them on-line

I had a pair of elites for work I`m a bowling tech in a basement and do long hours so grip, breath ability (as its damp down there) and damage resistance are key. In the end they wore out on the heel as I take my shoes on and off a fair few times during a day at work.

The only boot`s I`ve had do better are a huge pair of oakley`s the ones with molle straps on the side I used to have a gun holster on them when the pouch got lost.

Now that`s a pair of boots but 3x the weight of the magnums, if anyone re-calls what these big oakleys are called I`d be grateful for the name so I can source myself a new pair for "best"
                    sigpic
                    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

I second Magnum Spider Elites in 8.0 or 8.1. The 8.1 is newer and therefore more expensive, but the older ones are great anyhow, I still use mine after getting them 5 years ago for both walking and airsoft. They honestly are like trainers with ankle support in terms of comfort and agility. They can be picked up for about £80, the new generation ones are £100. The only leather bit is the toecap I think, but that keeps them light, breathable and well formed.

Comment

but the urban`s are even lighter then the old plain spider elites and they have a new "quiet" sole lol

I still have a pair of the 8.1`s but not the urban`s I use them if its summer as the big oakleys I have are made for very cold weather so get a tad warm over 30c but as the gap in the tread of them oakleys is just over 6mm I never slip on bb`s

See now why don`t people make a combat boot with 8mm gaps in the tread just for airsoft ? As I see lots of other people slipping on bb`s in urban and cqb games
                        sigpic
                        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

I bought these from sports direct but there the same price at other stockest. I liked the look and feel and the fact they have a side sip so you dont have to lace up every time is a bonus. Very comfy and light and there leather too. I have done CQB in these a few times now with no problems. Just polish them up after use and should last a while.

Karrimor Cougar Boot £35

Originally posted by Coz
                          If you fart, take a chrono reading

Comment

And when mud gets in your zip you're buggered!

Comment

This is turning into "buy the boots that I have because their super swish!" In which case let me dive in with the Magnum Spider Elite Recons which are also super swish!

Fully waterproof and breathable, all the advantages of leather but far lighter. Actually i'm recommending these as I went on a hunt for the lightest boots and these were what I came up with. There listed for £100 on the regular places but you can find a pair for £60.

Also jasevx, I had a pair of Converse Warrior boots for 2 years, and those side zips worked perfectly no matter how muddy they got
                              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vantage Find out more about Vantage
                              Working...
                              X