Pistol light advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol light advice

Having a background in cycling I'm used to having extremely high powered light. My main light for instance kicking out accurately tested at over 900 lumens.

There seem to be loads to choose from online (M3 lights) but their output I have to be honest seems fairly naff. I don't want a light that slightly illuminates a room I want it to dazzle and flood rooms with ease.

Kings Arms, G&P GP008, G&G. I'm sure there there are more that all look like siblings of these guys. They're literally copies and all costing £40-50. Is the quoted 65ish lumens actually any good?

I've seen a light called the Nebo Protec 190lmns which seems to be a bit better price wise for output. Can even get a laser attached for £80 I believe. However I imagine people agree that 'Nebo Protec elite' written in massive white letters looks pretty grim.

Anyway I need a good pistol light, don't mind spending a good amount if its worth it. May consider a laser too but dunno a tad pointless for airsoft?

Cheers in advance

Re: Pistol light advice

ive got an original glock light for my glock,and a streamlight tlr2, comes with a strobe n laser...which is quite mental...but you dont really need to spend a fortune,there are some decent surefire pistols clones out there
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
      ive got an original glock light for my glock,and a streamlight tlr2, comes with a strobe n laser...which is quite mental...but you dont really need to spend a fortune,there are some decent surefire pistols clones out there
      Yea been looking at the streamlight products, now have my heart set on one!

Preferably a TLR-1s or TLR-2s but may consider a 3 as well.

Anyone have one they wanna sell me?

Comment

I use a TLR1 and i can't rate it enough. Also got a genuine surefire m3 and i actually prefer the streamlight, metal build, decent runtime and a good battery life with the LED lamp.
        Originally posted by tackle
        For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

I'm just getting a surefire x300. Amazing torch. Very bright. You have to remember with torches its not just the lumens its the quality of the lens and reflectors.i have a 200lumen scout light from surefire and its small but will easily compete with pretty much anything you throw at it.hear the streamlights are also.very good

Comment

Oh I know it's not all about lumens. I know it has a lot to do with the lens, reflectors. These of course changing the shape been and sometimes colour of the light. Although I really do like the quality of the surefire I'm no navy seal and won't be diving to 22metres with it. I also think I prefer the flood on the streamlight. Most of my gameplay will be in cqc style arenas and this will suit better than the brighter spot of the surefire. Thanks for comments guys

So yea PM me if anyone has one they way to sell

Cheers

Comment

Shape of the beam that was meant to say

Comment

Originally posted by F1Toaster View Post
                So yea PM me if anyone has one they way to sell

Cheers
                i dont know anyone whos selling except where i got mine from imported from the USA, it was the cheapest,and the seller marked down the customs declaration, i didnt ask him, so i only payed £22 duty and royal mail handling fee on top
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

F1Toaster Find out more about F1Toaster
                Working...
                X