Gas mask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas mask?

Hey all just wanted to know if it's safe to just wear your gas mask, I would of thought it would be ok but just thought I'll asked
    Thanks

I ment to say as eye protection

Comment

Re: Gas mask?

is they have ballistic lenses yes, if they dont then no, as gas masks *using the s10 as an example* lense's tend to shatter if shot.

Owner of DCS
      (Doom custom shooters)
      PM me for Custom work!

Comment

No.

Make sure and keep the filters in. Make you real fit, real quick.

...or hospitalised.

Comment

I have an S10 gas mask with all the valves taken out , mesh done by heroshark and filter has been emptied..

Comment

Haven't bought one yet but just wanted to know before I did

Comment

My FM12 is similary set up, and meshed I find it gives much better visability, comfort and practicality than almost all airsoft masks. Afterall the things are designed to be used for long periods and allow you to use weapons.

I would never use an unmeshed gas mask though, even with ballistic lenses, simply because the air circulation would be terrible. Also bear in mind that tings sold as having ballistic lens on ebay don't necessarily - you need to get somone who knows what they are looking at to check it, and test it yourself with a high FPS weapon.

I test all face protection I use with a 500fps sniper from point blank and a 400fps aeg full auto - it it fails, the BB shatters or it even dents in a worrying way, I won't use it, my heroshark mask passed with flying colours. I would suggest you do the same, and bare in mind if you shoot an area alot in testing, it might have weakened it, so you need to check it very very carefully before passing it as safe.

There is no reason why a gas mask should be unusable in airsoft, and I even find breathability better than in painball stylemasks or balaclavas. It is worth considering how you use it. I use mine for CQB, for piling through doors, getting laced up from 2 ft etc, I don't use it for woodland because even being relatively fit, it does impede breathing alittle, and is not as good as glasses/lowerface protection for situational awareness or comfort. They do look great though, so if you can get one set up for airsoft, go for it.

Comment

Cheers jay some very useful info

Comment

What or who is here's hark and do they sell gas mask or make them safe to use for airsoft

Comment

Originally posted by XxB4K3RxX View Post
                    What or who is here's hark and do they sell gas mask or make them safe to use for airsoft
                    Its a guy who makes mesh eye protection and IMO he is the best. He will mesh anything which is possible to do .I sent him my gas mask and he meshed it out .

Comment

Soz ment to say heroshark siz use my phone

Comment

Do you have a way I can get hold off him please

Comment

look for him on here, he's a frequent member )

Owner of DCS
                          (Doom custom shooters)
                          PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Will do cheers for your help everyone

Comment

he is on the forum just use the search bar, if you provide him with the mask it will cost you £17 to have it meshed out and sent back rmsd

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

XxB4K3RxX Hi I'm James and I'm 22 years young and i love airsofting, skating and surfing, could say i just love being outside. Find out more about XxB4K3RxX
                              Working...
                              X