Sten gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sten gun

Hi all - I love the sten gun. I have done since I was a kid.

Does anyone have the ASG sten gun? Is it worth the money?

I understand the cocking lever doesn't move??

Cheers
    Andy
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: Sten gun

I love mine.

The cocking handle is fixed, but moveable. i.e. it stays in one place (no blowback), but you can unscrew it slightly to move it, then do it up again.

Some things to point out:
    There are 2 versions of ASG(AGM) Sten: LiPo (version 1) and NiMH (version 2).
    The version 1 takes a small lipo in the back of the receiver.
    The version 2 comes with a different T-stock that can house a stick NiMH.
    BUT... You can buy/fit the NiMH stock to a version 1, AND you can still use an in-receiver LiPo on the version 2 (I do because I have a skeleton stock)

If you try one of the "spring guide blowback" type mods used on other guns, you'll lose the ability to use a receiver LiPo, and you'll likely lose the cocking handle, as all that's holding it on is the fact it's screwed tight against the receiver.

The Sten uses the same magazines as the AGM MP40 (SRC and TOP MP40 mags are different).
    You can ONLY use midcaps or low caps because they're horizontal. A normal hi cap won't work (if there were any for the AGM MP40), and no one makes a P90-like hi cap for the MP40/Sten.

Real-steel stocks need work to make them fit, but it has been done by several people - the favourite being the skeleton stock. That requires you to use a LiPo in the receiver, though.

Comment

Not sure about No1sonuk but the one i saw at my local site was kicking up a real stink and misfeeding/jamming and spewing out bbs. Also be aware there is a fixed hop version with no adjustment, and a adjustable hop version. so buy wisely i guess . Although the asg version should be much better than the agm one.
      sigpic

Comment

The Viva one is fixed hop. This is the one AGM copied and added an adjustable hop.
        IIRC, the Viva gun had a modified AK hop unit (on its side, so no hop), but AGM made a custom side-feeding hop unit with adjustment when they cloned it.
        Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
        Although the asg version should be much better than the agm one.
        I'm pretty sure the ASG one IS the AGM. Just rebranded.
        Might have been dodgy quality BBs in the one you mention. Mine can be finnicky with feeding, but that's usually dodgy BBs in King Arms mid caps.

Comment

Asg may have rebranded it as they do with cyma guns etc, but i woild have thought their qc was much better now having seen their ultimate range. May still be the same though lol
          sigpic

Comment

The site I play at is WW2 themed so a lot of stens about! Never heard one complaint about them in fact everyone who has one loves them had a shot of both the fixed and adjustable hop versions and both have fantastic range out the box, wouldn't be put off if you saw a second hand fixed hop one going cheap!
            Originally posted by Fenriz
            I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

Does anyone have any ideas of how to make the sten shoot semi only? I was thinking of making a Sten MKIIS with a skeleton stock but was told there wasnt room for the lipo and the mosfet (to make it semi only) but that was ages ago when the sten was just be imported so people might have had some idea by now?
              sigpic

Comment

All this talk of Sten and having just watched A Bridge Too Far is making me want one!

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_Fred View Post
                  Does anyone have any ideas of how to make the sten shoot semi only? I was thinking of making a Sten MKIIS with a skeleton stock but was told there wasnt room for the lipo and the mosfet (to make it semi only) but that was ages ago when the sten was just be imported so people might have had some idea by now?
                  If you use a skeleton stock, you have to put the LiPo in the receiver.
                  As far as a MOSFET is concerned, I've been planning select-fire for mine for a while. There might be room in the housing under the gearbox, but I've not taken mine off to look yet.

Comment

this is mine with the skeleton stock and sicencer mods.
                    the asg is a rebranded agm with horrid bsa trademarks ,if you buy a early agm check for the fixed hop on the origionals replaced with adjustable version soon after.
                    mine was from hk and cost 85quid posted 2 years ago but british retailers are doing the asg versions for 150 plus
                    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                      If you use a skeleton stock, you have to put the LiPo in the receiver.
                      As far as a MOSFET is concerned, I've been planning select-fire for mine for a while. There might be room in the housing under the gearbox, but I've not taken mine off to look yet.
                      Thats what i was thinking before as i manged to find a picture with the gearbox out and there seemed to be a bit of space where the reciever slopes off towards the mag well but not sure if the wiring would work as its not a normal trigger switch i think.

Until i find if its possible theres not point be even thinking of getting one as i play at semi only urban sites most of the time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_Fred View Post
                        Until i find if its possible theres not point be even thinking of getting one as i play at semi only urban sites most of the time.
                        Then you don't want a Sten.
                        Not because of no semi, but because of the mag sticking out the side. It's great for changing when you're laying prone, but in urban, you can't get all that close to a wall on the left.

If you want a WW2 gun, the AGM MP40 would be for you. Same mags, but they stick down, and it has a non-realistic selector.
                        Or stick with Allied and go Thompson.

Comment

I dont mind if its harder to use in an urban site, it just looks cool lol, plus i dont think it would affect me too much as i could easily swap to pistol when needed.
                          sigpic

Comment

That's fine - I just thought I'd point out an issue I've experienced with them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                            Working...
                            X