Need some advise on picking a sniper rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advise on picking a sniper rifle

Hi , so I'm looking at getting a new long soon and am not too sure what to go for , I have had quite a bit of experience of the DMR/Marsksman role using my stock rather bad l96 and my m14 DMR .

I am looking for something a bit more sniping orientated than another m14 . Something good for upgrading ( very hard to find a good stock rifle) , is comfortable , nice and weighty / solid , a good preformer out of the box and easy on the eyes that will look good without paintjobs ect .

I'm open to any suggestions , all thanks is welcome

( I do not want people comenting " get a well l96 they is bestest " because I own one and they are , frankly sh*t

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Re: Need some advise on picking a sniper rifle

Maybe a G3SG1? Along with the M16 it has got to have one of the longest barrel lengths (for an AEG). Stick it on semi and put an m120 in and you have yourself a cheap(ish) sniper/DMR.
    Last edited by Kensai; 26 January, 2012, 22:15.
    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
    Check out my other sales!

Comment

Was looking at that , I'm looking at something gas/ spring more side of things . I don't think a G3sgi would have much of an advantage over a psg1 or maybe and m14 .
      Thanks for the suggestion anyway .

Comment

what about the SL8/SL9 mate,

they look very nice with the right paint job

and dont think that many people have them

Comment

Have you had a look at a classic army M24 very nice but not many shops have them in stock ATM
          Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
            Was looking at that , I'm looking at something gas/ spring more side of things . I don't think a G3sgi would have much of an advantage over a psg1 or maybe and m14 .
            Thanks for the suggestion anyway .
            Your probably right, but I think converting a G3SG1 into a sniper is cheaper than faffing about with a PSG1. I don't know from first hand experience as I never owned a PSG1, but I hear they are only really good as project guns as to increase the normal out of the box TM FPS you have to pretty much replace the entire gearbox. I've heard it takes a couple hundred to make a PSG1 decent in comparison to most snipers.
            For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
            Check out my other sales!

Comment

Tm vsr done, or ca m24 as said above both have pretty impressive performance. Warrior l96 look nice but are crap when it comes too sniping

Comment

I've heard good things from people about VSR's apparently when upgraded properly can reach to 90m+ ?

Found this on my normal shops website
                Pre-upgraded Classic Army M24 Socom. This rifle has been fitted with a Prometheus 509mm 6.03mm inner barrel, upgraded hop rubber and a CA Upgraded bolt set, taking it to 500FPS.

STATS
                +Power: 500FPS
                +Prometheus 6.03mm inner barrel
                +Classic Army M24 Upgraded Bolt Set
                +Heavy weight fiber body, Metal fluted outer barrel and receiver
                +25 round mag included
                +Weight: 3.7kg
                +Single shot, spring bolt operated
                +Adjustable stock
                Selling that for £430 good dea yay or nay ?

Comment

no its not a good deal

you can buy a fully upgraded VSR for £300

then with tweaks and mods to the hop unit and cylinder you can easily hit over 90m very consistantly

Comment

Yeah good but the price is a little to to steep if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by r6shooter View Post
                      no its not a good deal

you can buy a fully upgraded VSR for £300

then with tweaks and mods to the hop unit and cylinder you can easily hit over 90m very consistantly
                      Could you pm me a link to some VSR's , can't seem to find any non Jg ones.

Comment

Personally I would always buy used for a sniper rifle. Anything out the box will generally need upgrading. Buy used and somebody will probably have done the work for you.
                        Also I've always had a soft spot for dragunuvs. I've heard good things about the A&K version
                        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                        I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
                          Could you pm me a link to some VSR's , can't seem to find any non Jg ones.
                          look on the forums mate, and other forums in the uk

many vsrs on here are over priced for what they have installed

heres a tip, if they guy has a noobies m trigger or a full vsr laylax zero trigger then it is worth the £350 plus price tag with extra mags and scope etc

and JG ones mate are the same really as most have been upgraded, or will be upgraded with the same parts that tm vsrs will be

best bet, to buy a semi upgraded one to get a feel for the performance, then as you learn about it and how its fires upgrade where needed to be near perfect for accuracy and consistancy

and remember FPS is not everything with spring bolt rifles, a 400 fps gspec will outshoot a 600 fps l96
                          its all about knowing what to upgrade

Comment

Found a Tokyo Marui VSR for £425

"Internals•Laylax 6.03mm Inner barrel
                            •Laylax PSS10 150 spring
                            •Action Army teflon cylinder
                            •Action Army Cylinder head
                            •Action Army Spring guide
                            •PDI First sear
                            •PDI second sear
                            •PDI Barrel Spacers
                            •Firefly hard hop rubber

Last crono'd with Madbull crono at 484.5 FPS three times in a row with a 0.2g.

This rifle is very nice. I literally only finished building this a couple of months ago but it hasn't seen any action, and probably won't see much in the near distant future so I cant justify keeping it.

The range/accuracy is great with a 0.3g BB. I couldn't tell you what the effective range is, but it's a hell of a lot more than my AEG's.

It comes with the standard 30 round magazine + Leapers 3-9x mil-dot scope.

As mentioned before, I have only just finished building this and it is still very stiff!"

Seems like an ok deal to me ?

Comment

People were selling complete laylax rifles for £340 before Xmas, £425 is way to expensive for a mix of parts like that!

Can by a clone vsr and for half that price get the same results with laylax or raven internals

Look around mate as nice rifles will be less then £300

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

voodooTheMarshmallow Find out more about voodooTheMarshmallow
                              Working...
                              X