Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio and headset help?

Hi there,
    Looking at getting a radio and headset, and I haven't a clue as of what to get, so what are the best radios and headsets to get?
    Thanks in advance
    Caza

Re: Radio and headset help?

Genuine MSA CC Supreme Pro IV Mil Spec ELECTRET-Mic £414, ICOM IC-F3162T VHF advanced handheld radio £449

Now, tell us how much you actually have to spend?

Comment

Around the £50 mark, sorry
      Caza

Comment

Not a lot to be honest, any headset alone that's worth having is going to cost more than that, sorry to burst your bubble but it might be worth saving up for a bit if you want something that will last and work in all weather conditions without the battery dying the first sign of frost on the ground.

Comment

Okay, so what would you reccomend if I saved up a bit then? Would around the £100 mark give me a better choice?
          Caza

Comment

Okay, so what would you reccomend if I saved up a bit then? Would around the £100 mark give me a better choice?
            Caza

Comment

Certainly you could get Z tactical bowman elite headset and a pair of cobras, not going to great in all fairness. I made sure I bought good from the outset as TBH you will easily save what you spend by the lifetime of your radio and headset and the fact that most if not all sub £100 radios have terrible batteries that don't like cold weather and will die within a few hours in the cold.

Do a search on ebay and see what you can get 2nd hand, I got my first iCom on ebay six years ago and it's still going strong.

Comment

Okay, cheers for the help
                Caza

Comment

Hi, pretty new to this myself and i have to say sorry for piggy backing the thread but i thought it better then starting a New one. What could people recommend for around £250 for both the headset and radio, something with a decent range and a good range on frequencys as i borrowed a mates and it ha three preset freqs that you couldnt change. And thanks for any help

Comment

i use the motorola xtni with an original re wired bowman headset but there a pain to program. if you want an easy to use and great radio try the motorola xtn446 loads of guys on our team use them and they come with a headset....
                    Looking for a Harris style Bipod with 20mm RIS mount.

Comment

Headset doesnt have to cost that much. My mate just uses his Xbox 360 headset with his :P
                      Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

You can easily get a cheap £7 ish D-ring earpiece with in-line mic if you just google it. That will definitely do the job, but you do need a headset, nothing worse than sneaking around the site only the have someone's radio go off giving you all away.
                        The headset is where you can make a saving though (although trust me, you'll want to get something better, it's the nature of airsoft :P)
                        The radio you can't really skimp on that much - there aren't many worth having under £80. You used to be able to get a XTN446 for about £50 second hand, but not anymore and at the prices they go for, you may as well get a new radio (a bit more will get you an XTNi ~£100). The old Motorola Talkabout 5222 was also very good, but out of production too. In this case, range is definitely decided by price (unless you go licensed, but then you limit yourself to others with licensed radios - which isn't many)

Comment

Unless you're planning on buying a licence, keep it simple and go for a decent PMR (icom, motorola etc all do various ones).

As for the ancillaries, the ztactical stuff is actually fine for airsoft. For example, in Woodland, you don't need effective noise cancelling mics. Of course you can spend more if you like, you just don't have to.

@James 1989, do you need your radio to match your mates's one? If so, what is it?
                          Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                          Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Okay, thanks for all the help guys, will have another mooch around, taking on board all the advice
                            And its fine James
                            Thanks for all the help
                            Caza

Comment

No i dont, i borrowed my mates one when we both went but he was using a couple he borrowed from work, im looking to get mine and then he was going to get the same when he gets paid next month. And in terms of the frequency thing, it was because a couple of lads who turned up n the day wanted to keep in contact but we couldnt get the fequency to match. And thanks for the help guys

And thanks caza

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

caza Find out more about caza
                              Working...
                              X