Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading the internals of my G&P M4

hi guys,

took my new G&P m4 shooting today and there are quite a few little problems im planning to fix. first off, i want to upgrade the motor, so can anybody recommend a gd make and what type to get (short, med or long). second problem, the hop up unit sucks. the gun is near new so is it worth gettin a new unit or shud i just take it appart and have a look? finally, the bb's are misfiring (as in on full auto it will fire a few then miss a few, and its not exactly a quick rate of fire thow), and its not the mags. anybody have any ideas why this may be?

if anybody has also had any of these problems with a new G&P please let me know because it would really help if you could tell me how u solved it

thanks very much guys
    sigpic
    per mare, per terram!!

Motor wise you need long type as it is a v2 gearbox I would stick in a SHS high torque motor really good fit the price
    Also the hop unit I would just change the rubber but you could get a mad bull 3-1 unit are really good

Comment

Re: upgrading the internals of my G&P M4

Sounds like it could be a battery problem, what type of battery are you using? The easiest way to increase your ROF would be to upgrade your battery, but that could lead to possible internal upgrades as well.

I've just solved a problem with misfeeds in my new G&P and it was due to the ammo I was using, switched to a different brand and it solved the problem.
      sigpic

LIFE is FUBAR

Comment

Motor type is long and if I was you I would get a SHS high torque motor.

G&Ps M4s are very good guns out of box but there are a few things that IMO should be changed.The parts I would change are as follows:

Gearbox Mods
        ASCU mosfet (or AWS raptor/stealth if its front wired)
        SHS gearset (I have seen alot of G&P spur gears break)
        gearclip (Improves feeding of the gun)
        AOE with sorbo pads
        SHS high torque motor

Barrel/hopup mods:
        If money is no object get these.
        Firefly hop rubber
        Firefly Hop nub
        And a Prometheus TB barrel

If you are on a budget these will do fine
        TM hop rubber
        Biro hop nub mod
        and a madbull TB barrel.

How new is the gun? As it might pay to contact the retailer and complain the gun has multiply problems , if that fails then just dive in and take the hop unit apart you never know what problems you will find.Two of my mates had problems with their G&P hop units straight out of the box. The misfeeding issue will be solved by a gearclip.

Comment

does does like a bb problem , also wtf is wrong with the m120 motor thats in it atm ?? . The new g&p hops arnt that bad tbh but the madbull unit is a great unit

edit for scots post :

all G&P gearset come with the sector delay chip as standard ( have done for years )
          gears have now been sorted on all new guns ( still a lot of the older type knocking about tho )
          g&p m120 is a great motor why swap ?
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Is it a brand new g&p? As in your the first owner?

As generally g&p's out the box are pretty good! Ive bought 3 brand new ones and they've all been great, to start with! Rof should be pretty decent as they normally come with a m120 motor(long) as standred which give a quick Rof for out the box!
            And the hops are again pretty good!

But to answer your question it's a v2 long shaft motor you need and the Shs hi-speed/hi-torque motors seem quite popular! As for the miss-feeding, most likely is the hop rubber, I tend to use guarder clear or TM, but if buying the Madbul ultimate hop unit, the blue shark one that comes with it is pretty good too! Also a Madbul v2 tightbore barrel is a good partner with the ultimate hop!

Hope this helps! Others may disagree but this is just my input!

Edit; wow I'm a slow writer! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
              edit for scots post :

all G&P gearset come with the sector delay chip as standard ( have done for years )
              gears have now been sorted on all new guns ( still a lot of the older type knocking about tho )
              g&p m120 is a great motor why swap ?
              Wow fair enough mate.
              I have worked on 3 G&P M4s (all quite old) and all of them didn't have a sector clip so I presumed they don't use them , but thats awesome to hear that they use them in their newer guns.

I do agree with you that the G&P M120 motors are great I just prefer SHS motors to G&P motors anyday.

Comment

my first used g&p was in 2004 on a 7mm gearbox ( best they ever made tbh lol ) had them fitted then , owned and worked on 100's of g&p's not come across 1 not fitted yet ( were they the sportline type's , nylon bushings ? )
                got any gearsets knocking about ? :P
                Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
                  my first used g&p was in 2004 on a 7mm gearbox ( best they ever made tbh lol ) had them fitted then , owned and worked on 100's of g&p's not come across 1 not fitted yet ( were they the sportline type's , nylon bushings ? )
                  got any gearsets knocking about ? :P
                  You defiantly know your G&Ps :P.I got two G&P gearsets but both have broken spur gears.. The only gearset I keep spare now are XYT/JG , element and loads of SHS gears....

Comment

To the OP, before you spend any money, clean the barrel and try some excel BBs in it. If that doesn't solve the issue, put a TM hop rubber in it.

Comment

I had the same problem with my brand new G&P a couple of weeks ago but i had installed a madbull tightbore and ultimate hop unit before using it. The crossman .25 bb's i was using weren't feeding properly (possibly the mags as they were new too and felt a little bit loose in the mag well) so i tried some cheap .20's but still had the same problem.
                      I'm going to try some Blaster bb's next, maybe some king arms mags too.

Will any barrel cleaning kit be ok? (such as a .177 or .22)
                      Originally posted by Hawk
                      The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGouken View Post
                        I had the same problem with my brand new G&P a couple of weeks ago but i had installed a madbull tightbore and ultimate hop unit before using it. The crossman .25 bb's i was using weren't feeding properly (possibly the mags as they were new too and felt a little bit loose in the mag well) so i tried some cheap .20's but still had the same problem.
                        I'm going to try some Blaster bb's next, maybe some king arms mags too.

Will any barrel cleaning kit be ok? (such as a .177 or .22)
                        No! STOP!

Don't be putting brushes or anything in the barrels as the delicate hop rubbers and barrel lining is easily damaged. You need a airsoft specific cleaning rod and a small patch of lint free cloth (screen wipes are a good one) alternatively people use filter tips for roll-ups and poke they through the barrel.

Comment

I wasn't going to use the brushes, just the rod that you use a piece of cloth with. I know not to use the parts meant for real guns/airguns lol.
                          Where can I get an airsoft specific cleaning rod?
                          Originally posted by Hawk
                          The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

if the gun is new .... ie from a shop it will be under warranty . take it back and let them sort it out or replace it ..

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                              To the OP, before you spend any money, clean the barrel and put a TM hop rubber in it.
                              This is all i ever do with all my new G&P
                              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

daniel gill1 Find out more about daniel gill1
                              Working...
                              X