Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Achieve 280fps????

Hey Guys,
    I am looking at going to '' The Mall'' (Reading), their fps limit has apparently come down to a limit of under 280FPS !!!!,

Can anyone advise on any springs i may be able to purchase which will give me this, or if there are any other ways i can get the desired affect?

All help appreciated,
    Cheers

Re: How To Achieve 280fps????

an m90, then possible have to clip it depending on how good your air seal is.
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Don't know where you heard that, as thier website still shows thier limit as being 328fps (with max of 340)

if your really intent on reaching under 280, then surely an m90, or m80 spring is required

Comment

seriously 280 fps...that cant be right, if it is the mall will be very empty very quickly
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

This is just what i have herd from word of mouth have sent an email to the guys who run it to confirm,

To 'Sir Stephen', how do you clip the spring? i.e. how much and any certain way to do so?

Comment

never done it myself as I've never had to lower fps that much/always bought the correct spring. but you simply cut of a couple of coils (think i have seen 1 coil is 10fps, but that may have been down to a particular grade spring, i.e, an m90 may loose 10 fps, but an m100 might loose 15, i have no idea)

to do it properly you then have to prep the clipped section and heat it, before bending it flat so that you don't have a jagged point. there should be a youtube vid or 2 out there i imagine.
            For Sale!
            TM M870 with a load of stuff
            A&K massada sniper spec
            Chronograph
            leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Ok cheers, does anyone know what fps an M80 spring will give with a .25BB in a 6.04 tight bore barrel roughly?

Comment

Originally posted by ashers88 View Post
                Ok cheers, does anyone know what fps an M80 spring will give with a .25BB in a 6.04 tight bore barrel roughly?
                220-230ish
                TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Wouldn't it be better to get a response from F&O about the Mall (one which is likely to say that what you've heard is wrong and the limit is still 328fps) before going through the trouble of trying to figure out what you'd need to do to your gun to drop it to 280fps?

Comment

If this helps, A Hurricane M90 spring gives 323 FPS, or atleast it does in my aeg.
                    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Seriously, that limit would put most stock TM guns out of use...

Comment

i have a G&P M4 RIS, it has a SYSTEMA M100 gearbox inside with a 6.04 tight bore barrel

Comment

You will also be crono'ed on 0.20 and nothing else.

They also use their own pre loaded mags to crono with.

Was at the Mall laqst weekend and the 340 fps max limit was in place.

Comment

ok cheers stonechip, i have sent an email so shall wait and see, but thanks for the update buddy

Comment

You have heard wrong for sure, that would be ridiculous. The only issue you have with The Mall is that their chrono for some odd reason chronos higher than any other site I have been to by upto 30fps. So be very careful if you have an aeg that is on the limit on a normal site chrono.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ashers88 Find out more about ashers88
                              Working...
                              X