Why do my 6mm rim fire blanks not go off in my bfgs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do my 6mm rim fire blanks not go off in my bfgs

Basically 9mm centre fireing blanks go off fine in my bfgs but the 6mm rimfire one do not always go off, when i open the bfg i can see it has hit the rim of the 6mm blank and left a mrk but no bang? Is it a defective blank or more likely the bfg is not striking hard enough?

also is there a way to repair and maintain BFGs?
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Re: Why do my 6mm rim fire blanks not go off in my bfgs

I've had this problem, what i noticed was that on the adapter i had a lot of indentations where the firing pin had struck the insert rather than the cap. if you have the same marks see if you can do something to adjust the insert to ensure its always in the correct position for the firing pin (mark a point for lining it up against the lid maybe?)

if you firing pin is sticking the cap though then i have no idea unfortunately dude
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

well from what ive seen from my bfg's, they just seem to make a little dent in the CF blanks, which is enough to set them off, whereas the firing pin in my .22 RF rifle actually almost punches halfway thru the rim, one of the club rifles that was giving a lot of misfires was still marking the edge of the casing, more how the CF's look, when i gave the bolt a bit of a clean up, and filed the end of the pin a bit, it was leaving a proper ident again, and firing every round....

so in short, i dont think bfg's have a strong enough spring

as for maintaining them, ive had both mine apart, and given the o ring a bit of a grease up, as the delay was very short, working fine again
      Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Dismantle the black and check there is a solid bead of primer around the rim of the cartridge... Some seasoned rim-fire shooters demonstrated this to me recently, and it was astounding how badly made some rim-fire ammo is...

Comment

blanks are blanks thou, u are gonna get crap, its not like its comp ammo where the highest grades are needed.. its £9 for a hundred blanks, eley match is around £7 for fifty, and tenex at £11 for fifty u work it out lol
          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Oh yeah, not disputing that, but a lot of people are surprised performance sucks on a lot of guns, be it 22 or airsoft, when they feed the nastiest, cheapest ammo in, and it doesn't work well.

Comment

To be honest i would rather the problem lies with the blanks being crap, can you get replacement pins thats strike the bfg if they wear out or is this not nessesary.
              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

I would think the problem lies with the shape of the firing pins point rather than the pin. A sharper/conical point might be better.

In fairness the BFGs were designed for 9mm centrefire.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Beef Find out more about Beef
                Working...
                X