M14 Bipod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 Bipod

It's my first gun so i dont know much about how my gun works or what will fit onto the gun. I'm looking to fit a bipod onto my TM m14 socom but dont know what will fit the gun or how to actually fit it. So can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

Re: M14 Bipod

Hi. Search M14 in the Z1 shop and near the bottom there are some small rails that fit under the front grip on the rifle. Bolt one of these on then you can fit any bi-pod with a 20mm rail mount. Also Bi-pod on a socom?

Comment

You don't NEED the rail mount though. Any normal Harris Bipod (which is the one you probably want) will fit onto the little nub at the front of the gun, (the sling mount attaches to the little nub).
      Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Quite right! should have been clearer. These are i what i use, and being 20mm it means you can add a torch or laser etc which adds some versatility to the front end. :D

Comment

Cheers guys, and with the bipod on an m14 i'm throwing a scope and silencer on it then when i can get the money, upgrade the internals and get it locked to semi auto and use it as a sniper, i love the looks of an M14 made to be a sniper which is an M21 if im correct?

Comment

yep, its a common "mod" these days, slapping a big spring in an aeg and locking it to semi, decent sites now cap aeg "snipers" to a lower fps than bolt action or gas sniper rifles, due to wave of talentless aeg snipers letting off stupidly high rates of fire on semi, taking all the skill out of being a skilled sniper...that and breaking minimum engagement rules. ho hum!

My advice, leave it standard, whack in a tightbore, enjoy it for the great gun it is, and be able to get stuck in with the rest of the players

Comment

Okay just to make sure before i buy the bipod that a China Gun VersaPod Replica (CYM14P) would fit without needing a mount?

Comment

In response to 'madwelshman's post, this is slightly true.

In cases of guns like the PSG-1 I use with three standard 15 round magazines, that's not the case. If anyone uses a semi automatic sniper rifle they should stick strictly to low capacity magazines and only firing another shot once the other one landed. That's what I do, not just keep firing and hope to hit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Josh_C Find out more about Josh_C
                Working...
                X