Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G AEG UMG or Ares AEG UMP

G&G AEG UMG or Ares AEG UMP

I don't really know how the two guns preform, so which one is overall better and what internal upgrades should i give it. I am thinking of a tightbore barrel but i dont really know what springs and pistons ect.

Re: G&G AEG UMG or Ares AEG UMP

if the ares one is anything like the Star one the mags are awful, i had one once and it was the bain of my life trying to get mags that worked for it, so much so i sold it pretty quick.

can't comment on the G&G one.

i'm assuming you've held/used a UMP, its kinda like the Thompson, in that, its huge for an SMG, another problem i had was finding a comfortable way of holding spare mags as they're huge rectangular slabs.

that being said...

they are lovely, that was mine about 5 years ago, sexy, but also a total banana split.
    K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

a note about the G&G vers......a friend got one new at the last AAF

superb looking gun, but he's been disappointed with the out-of-the-box ROF (on 8.4v).
      some research since suggests G&G have started installing higher torque/lower speed motors.
      can be remedied of course, but worth taking into account. standard 9.6v stick batts don't fit either
      h e y d r i c h
      L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

The ARES one was a piece of shit. I think it's safe to say that nobody's made a decent one yet.

Comment

Well if they both have serious problems can anyone recommend a h&k Assalt rifle for £250 which could be upgraded for an extra £100. I love the g3 and g36.

Comment

Ant thoughts on the Ares AEG SL-9

Comment

I have a G&G one which is lovely, there are double-feeding problems with the low-caps but I hear there are CA mids which might fit which may not do this. Rate of fire isn't that high, mine's about 12rps but I personally don't want it any higher than that. If you're desperate for rate of fire then use lipos, I'm sure they'd get more out of it in the space (definitely won't take a 9.6 NiMh, that I can confirm).

On the holding spare mags - belt kit is your friend, and have them back far enough so as not to entangle your legs when kneeling. If I'm running a plate carrier then I'll normally just shove them in a dump pouch.

Comment

i have the g@g one and it is a brilliant gun . i run 7.4 lipo and rof is not bad at all . big plus is the quick release silencer which actualy works .. got 2 years warranty with mine as it is part of the top tech range .. custom battery packs are also available . my shops techie has been running his on 11.1 lipo for over a year and not a glitch at all . mid caps do double feed when new but once bedded in are ok . the high caps are 500 rounds .one of my favourite guns in my collection .pm me if you want info on that warranty.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ranygamer Find out more about ranygamer
                Working...
                X