Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courier shipping restrictions + airsoft guns

Hi guys,

I've recently sold one of my two-tone airsoft guns. Upon deciding which courier to send the package with, I noticed in their conditions of carriage that any firearm, including paintball or toy, antique or imitation, or anything resembling, is prohibited.

How do you guys go about posting your guns?

Thanks!

Re: Courier shipping restrictions + airsoft guns

Royal Mail. They are legally obliged to transport any legal goods within the UK as long as there are no restrictions due to things like hazmat issues.
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you. It states on the RM site that you reqiure a DTI export licence for items intended for sporting purposes.

Aside from that, where do you go to send the parcel? Do you print the postage labels and direct the parcel to a post office?

Thanks Caveira

Comment

No export licence unless you're sending overseas. Even then, I think that this only applies to firearms which our guns aren't.

I just take mine to the local PO.
        sigpic

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Also dont let them send it off by Parcel Force as it wont be covered, either for cheapest option use Royal Mail Standard Parcel (and upgrade compo amount) or Royal Mail Special Del. (but double check compo amount again).
            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bleurgh Find out more about bleurgh
            Working...
            X