My battery capacity is very volatile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My battery capacity is very volatile?

Ok so I have about 4 1600 mah batteries and they are not consistent. I charge them using an imax b6 smart charger at 0.1-0.5 amps. They only seem to last about half a day each on semi! They are usually charged the day before a skirmish. And sometimes I put one in on the day and it's dead, straight away. Theres been a couple of occasions where I've missed a game or two at the end because all 4 batteries have run out. This only started happening on the coldest of winter days,

Thanks
    CURRENTLY SELLING ALL AIRSOFT GEAR IN THE NEXT MONTH

Re: My battery capacity is very volatile?

Cold weather will drain your battery quickly no matter also keep your spare somewhere warm eg. jacket pocket but also i would up grade to a 2400mah battery as that would last all day i had the same till i got mine now i can go all day with out a problem
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Ghost View Post
      Cold weather will drain your battery quickly no matter also keep your spare somewhere warm eg. jacket pocket but also i would up grade to a 2400mah battery as that would last all day i had the same till i got mine now i can go all day with out a problem
      ok well that doesnt explain the instant loss of power? thanks for clearing that up for me though

Comment

It sounds like at least one battery has come to the end of its life, I used to have the same problems, in the end I just went lipo and have never looked back. You should look into lipos and you already have a charger so all you need to do is buy the lipo, a nice little 2400mah 25c 7.4v would do the trick. Get two of them and you'll never have to worry about them running done. Oh and buy a lipo alarm, they'll keep you from draining them too much.
        Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Originally posted by sir killaIot View Post
          Ok so I have about 4 1600 mah batteries and they are not consistent. I charge them using an imax b6 smart charger at 0.1-0.5 amps. They only seem to last about half a day each on semi! They are usually charged the day before a skirmish. And sometimes I put one in on the day and it's dead, straight away. Theres been a couple of occasions where I've missed a game or two at the end because all 4 batteries have run out. This only started happening on the coldest of winter days,

Thanks
          Gun? Battery make(S)?
          Before you go to too much expense there's a few things to check.
          Firstly if the batteries are the same number them,then charge them and make a note of the issues with each.
          Lend them to someone else to use to try for a day to rule out gun issues.
          Try another charger,a friend of mine has serious issues when charging and we can't suss out why,he can lose a battery's power mid game but when the battery was charged on site it worked ok for the resy of the day.
          You don't have to got to Lipo's although they are better but 2 x 1600 should last you a day easy,I've gone to Lipo's but I used 1600's prior to changing over and they were ok.

Comment

However before the winter came, they worked flawlessly. 1 battery would last the whole day! Defo not the guns otherwise my 3 guns are faulty. Could be the charger however the only other chargers that I could get a hold of is a non-smart charger. Couldn't bare to go back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by sir killaIot View Post
              However before the winter came, they worked flawlessly. 1 battery would last the whole day! Defo not the guns otherwise my 3 guns are faulty. Could be the charger however the only other chargers that I could get a hold of is a non-smart charger. Couldn't bare to go back to them.
              Make of battery?Age could be a deciding factor,they don't last forever but it's strange that they're all playing up..

Comment

the only logical solution would be the charger or weather

Comment

Have you got access to a volt meter?
                  If you have test them after charging fully and then leave them for a few hours and re-check.
                  The cold can have a massive affect on batteries play longevity.

Comment

All of the above is good advice and pretty much what I would say.
                    I would also ask the question;
                    Do you use semi-auto alot?
                    Do you burn through a lot of ammo in a day/what is the average amount of rounds you use in a day?

I've typically found 1x 1500mAh mini will last me a whole day, but I use auto only and only chew around 1200 rounds in a day. It's possible that your usage scenario is just draining them quickly and they are coming to the end of their life. Semi tends to seem to exert more drain on the battery than anything else.
                    As already said though, the cold is a likely culprit.
                    I also found with my charger (also an iMAX B6), charging at slower rates made the charger detect peak too early. What amount of charge does it say your batteries have taken when they are finished? Have you tried charging them at 1A instead?
                    Additionally the Vapex (VP) NiMH batteries don't seem to last more than 2-3 years depending on how regularly you play and how hard you charge. Again, this could be a factor in your batteries not holding a charge properly.

Li-Po is the way forward though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sir killaIot Find out more about sir killaIot
                    Working...
                    X